Details on how Big East Basketball rescheduling will work (Asbury Park Press) | The Boneyard

Details on how Big East Basketball rescheduling will work (Asbury Park Press)

Reaction Score
Worth a click….

-> Some guardrails will guide the process:

► The conference has full authority to reschedule, which is a change from last season, when schools took the lead while working with the league.

► Teams cannot play three games in a week in back-to-back weeks. If there is a three-game week, the following week maxes out at two games.

► Teams cannot play games on back-to-back days.

► Arena availability will be low on the list factors. Most Big East schools play at least some home games in arenas they do not own. Concerts and other events dot the calendars. Some schools, like Seton Hall, are secondary tenants to professional sports teams.

► The Big East’s television partner, Fox Sports, will have a significant hand in the process.

► The pecking order for rescheduling is chronological. <-

Reaction Score
Interesting, at least we have some clarity on this. Wasn’t there some talk last year how the conference was going to include a week where no games are scheduled and use that time for any games that have to be made up?

Reaction Score
Interesting, at least we have some clarity on this. Wasn’t there some talk last year how the conference was going to include a week where no games are scheduled and use that time for any games that have to be made up?
Yes. I believe there were 2 such weeks last year. There are none this year, to my knowledge.

Reaction Score
Yes. I believe there were 2 such weeks last year. There are none this year, to my knowledge.
Hindsight is always 20/20, but that probably would have been a good idea this season…

Reaction Score
Hindsight is always 20/20, but that probably would have been a good idea this season…
It definitely would have, but on the flip side going into the season it seemed there was a handle on how to work around Covid issues that clearly didn’t work. But, if they had scheduled a week or two as “open” for this, in my opinion it would have had to been Division 1 wide, not just a Big East idea. It would put the teams at a major competitive disadvantage to have a two week pause at end of the season with potentially no games leading up to the tournaments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom