Detailed Courant Story on Shea and Kyla trying to resurrect Vanderbilt | The Boneyard

Detailed Courant Story on Shea and Kyla trying to resurrect Vanderbilt

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How is Shea doing with her recruiting? Anybody know?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
How is Shea doing with her recruiting? Anybody know?
Has signed the #82 and #93 kids in the 22 class. By reading VandyMania, I've found that the fans are really impressed how the team has performed this year. They have no offense, but their defense has been near the top of the SEC. They had good league wins over Arkansas and Kentucky. She needs recruits, so maybe we can lend her a player or two next year if we actually have a lot of healthy kids. LOL. The school likes her, the fans like her, and the players have bought into her system. If she gets some decent kids, Vandy may start to make the orange team a little nervous.

Reaction Score
I just hope that fans, Shea, and the AD are patient with this Vandy program. I hope that the Vandy fans are realistic with their expectations and give Shea some time on building a program. Have realistic goals. Finishing in the middle of the pack in a tough SEC is decent. I hope that Shea gives herself some time and be patient and invest in the development of the players that come to Vandy. Her time at UConn is going to be huge in the development of the Vandy program.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just hope that fans, Shea, and the AD are patient with this Vandy program. I hope that the Vandy fans are realistic with their expectations and give Shea some time on building a program. Have realistic goals. Finishing in the middle of the pack in a tough SEC is decent. I hope that Shea gives herself some time and be patient and invest in the development of the players that come to Vandy. Her time at UConn is going to be huge in the development of the Vandy program.
They gave Stephanie White five years, no reason they wouldn't do the same for Shea. If Shea makes as much progress as White (zero) in five years, I think letting her go would be fair. I'd be shocked if Vandy made no progress with her as coach, though.

Reaction Score
While with her poor record few national kudos will go Shea's way, but she had done one of the better coaching jobs this year. I get the SEC Channel and frequently watch Vandy and few teams with their lack of height and overall poor talent could get near a .500 record. Every win has been a direct result of Shea's strategy - constant double teams, full court press, some old-fashioned double picks, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom