Destiny Slocum picks Oregon State | The Boneyard

Destiny Slocum picks Oregon State

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Destiny Slocum, who helped lead Maryland to the Big Ten regular-season and tournament titles in women's basketball last season, announced via Twitter on Monday that she's heading to Oregon State.

The Big Ten freshman of the year said last month that she was transferring from Maryland.

Blessed #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/eO1s385JHK

— Destiny Slocum (@DestinySlocum24) May 1, 2017

[Rest of article]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that Carnac! Another big name player chooses her destination. The "transfer thread" is so long and unwieldy that I almost never open it. If we can have a zillion threads on types of music, we certainly can stomach a separate thread when a big time player decides to transfer, or chooses a new destination.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was inevitable that Oregon would get a player of this caliber. But now we know it's Destiny.
Oregon State--the Beavers, not the Ducks.

Reaction Score
It was inevitable that Oregon would get a player of this caliber. But now we know it's Destiny.
Oregon did not get a player of this caliber.
Oregon St did.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh come on, it's a pun!! Man, The Boneyard is a tough audience today.

I liked your post. It was already corrected before I read it. I'm not picking on you, I was pointing out to vowelguy that UO's Ionescu is at least comparable to now OSU's Slocum.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 goes through the State of Oregon, followed by UCLA and Stanford.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that Carnac! Another big name player chooses her destination. The "transfer thread" is so long and unwieldy that I almost never open it. If we can have a zillion threads on types of music, we certainly can stomach a separate thread when a big time player decides to transfer, or chooses a new destination.

My apologies. I looked for the transfer thread before I posted this. I always look to see if someone else posted the material or item I'm going to post. I don't knowingly duplicate a post.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 goes through the State of Oregon, followed by UCLA and Stanford.
Not sure about that. This coming season, UCLA is loaded with many talented upper classmen. UO is still young. Slocum has to sit out one season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
well said E

Reaction Score
Destiny Slocum, who helped lead Maryland to the Big Ten regular-season and tournament titles in women's basketball last season, announced via Twitter on Monday that she's heading to Oregon State.

The Big Ten freshman of the year said last month that she was transferring from Maryland.

Blessed #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/eO1s385JHK

— Destiny Slocum (@DestinySlocum24) May 1, 2017

[Rest of article]
This makes a good deal of sense. Oregon State lost an all american guard to the draft, but remains a highly competitive team. Destiny will lead them after sitting for a year, per NCAA rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom