Desperately needed that | The Boneyard

Desperately needed that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still wasn't happy with our play for a lot of the game but when it mattered we dug down and played really well. Hamilton still does the behind the back move every possession and can't finish in the lane but he dove on the floor and made a heads up timeout and he's still rebounding. Ollie still needs work with his substitutions. We simply can't continue having offensive no shows from Hamilton and Purvis. This game was won by Gibbs, with healthy contributions from Miller and Adams. One question, what the hell happened to Jalen on that breakaway layup he missed, he looked like he was in quicksand running up the court?

Reaction Score
Jalen gets winded at times and when that happens he tends to get sloppy and get beat on D. Overall though a nice game by Adams. He needs these types of games to grow! It really was a huge win. This puts us in a good mental state before Georgetown and Cincinnati. Huge January win!

Lets GO!!!!!!! :)

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We did need that badly. Actually up to the middle of the first half I was nodding off in the recliner figuring business as usual. I like being wrong with our games. We cannot screw up at home. Tulane then Georgetown. Who knows what game G-Town is going to bring.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Still wasn't happy with our play for a lot of the game but when it mattered we dug down and played really well. Hamilton still does the behind the back move every possession and can't finish in the lane but he dove on the floor and made a heads up timeout and he's still rebounding. Ollie still needs work with his substitutions. We simply can't continue having offensive no shows from Hamilton and Purvis. This game was won by Gibbs, with healthy contributions from Miller and Adams. One question, what the hell happened to Jalen on that breakaway layup he missed, he looked like he was in quicksand running up the court?

Just win baby. All that matters right now. Growth will come.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Jalen gets winded at times and when that happens he tends to get sloppy and get beat on D. Overall though a nice game by Adams. He needs these types of games to grow! It really was a huge win. This puts us in a good mental state before Georgetown and Cincinnati. Huge January win!

Bout that freshman wall time for Jalen. He'll come out of it.

Reaction Score
Still wasn't happy with our play for a lot of the game but when it mattered we dug down and played really well. Hamilton still does the behind the back move every possession and can't finish in the lane but he dove on the floor and made a heads up timeout and he's still rebounding.

KO and/or one the assistants needs to have a serious sit down with DHam and review video of the game to point out some correctible mistakes he is making. One of these is the behind the back move he made at least 3 times today while being in the middle of a couple of defenders. Just not needed when he's in the lane and has the size to put up a reasonable shot. He's playing way too unstructured and needs some coaching to help him settle down and think about he's going to do. This isn't the playground anymore.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just a nice win.

Need to go 3-1 over the next four games.

Over the next four games, we are playing Tulane, GTown, Cincy, and UCF. The Tulane and UCF games should be ours if we are even playing our "B" game. So what you're really saying is that we are going to split the Cincy and GTown games; both being at home. I sure hope not. I think that we have better personnel than both teams, and I like that Hamilton seems to be getting out of the funk. I might eat my words, but I'm looking for 4-0 over the next four...

Reaction Score
Over the next four games, we are playing Tulane, GTown, Cincy, and UCF. The Tulane and UCF games should be ours if we are even playing our "B" game. So what you're really saying is that we are going to split the Cincy and GTown games; both being at home. I sure hope not. I think that we have better personnel than both teams, and I like that Hamilton seems to be getting out of the funk. I might eat my words, but I'm looking for 4-0 over the next four...

I agree that this team should ho 4-0 over the next four games. But 3-1 is the minimum that this team should go.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly 4-0! Chief orders it! We actually advanced the ball up court with the pass the last 10 minutes.
I like Adams - he makes mistakes but competes - needs lots more hours in gym working on shot to be truly great player. I told KO he needs to let him play through mistakes IMO.
One downside today - Purvis reacted poorly to coming off bench.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One downside today - Purvis reacted poorly to coming off bench.

Or, he's simply been playing like crap lately (slump) and today was a continuation of that. But whatever suits your narrative.

Reaction Score
Rodney can be a great perimeter shooter but he is streaky and he's in a bad one now, which is why we have to find other ways to score which we did today. The other thing is that the team knows that Sterling Gibbs can score when given the ball in the right spots. Only took half a season. No he's not getting to the rim in traffic, but Rodney isn't either. We have a bunch of talented players but they all have flaws, ones that if KO is smart he can minimize in favor of their strengths. I'm hoping that the one factor that continues is team defense which was pretty good today. That was a very good win and not many were predicting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom