Designated Survivor | The Boneyard

Designated Survivor

Reaction Score
Decent start. Will stick with it for awhile. Like Kiefer Sutherland but why all the mumbling? Speak up!

Warning signs as to potential dumb subplot.....a drug dealing son.

Reaction Score
I really liked it - thought it went at a really nice, quick pace. Agreed with you on the drug dealing part...hope it doesn't get bogged down with that

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Too much 'feelings' and not enough action. Predictable evil general. And Kiefer Sutherland's acting range in it seems to limited to taking off his glasses and putting them back on. I give it a meh, but I'll stick with it for a while.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Do generals really speak to the president that way?

Way too lighthearted considering the subject matter. No one would be making jokes in those circumstances.

Good concept, mediocre execution.

Reaction Score
Only seen the pilot so far, but for the guy running HUD, they're portraying him as almost impotent.

Ridiculous. Nobody that ascends to that level in government, especially in something like HUD, is anything but a complete go-getter, full time activist, in charge of a branch of government with thousands of employees. He's not running a department of 20 for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
Do generals really speak to the president that way?

Questionable, at best. Even IF there were a general willing to disrespect the office of POTUS like that, AND you accept the terrible caricature of the nerdy HUD secretary and ignore the real life history of that office, there would still be plenty of people in that room that would call out the general for being such a jackass.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I liked it. I think it's far-fetched to believe that even the HUD secretary would be belittled by Generals who want to stage a coup. Let's see where it goes. It reminds me a little of Kevin Kline in "Dave". Ordinary guy calling the shots and lending a less political perspective to decision making. I'd be happy with a rule that said anyone who's been in any cabinet level job for 8 years is barred from ever holding another one.

Reaction Score
I liked it. I think it's far-fetched to believe that even the HUD secretary would be belittled by Generals who want to stage a coup. Let's see where it goes. It reminds me a little of Kevin Kline in "Dave". Ordinary guy calling the shots and lending a less political perspective to decision making. I'd be happy with a rule that said anyone who's been in any cabinet level job for 8 years is barred from ever holding another one.

Agree and the other night it became a little more interesting. Not bad let's see where it goes the next couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
What was actually viewed as good about Designated Survivor? Boundless opportunity for improvement, and Designated Survivor will need to dramatically improve to remain on air. Could prove wrong, but initial view came across as lame to worse.

Reaction Score
I gave this show a shot. I watched two episodes and I think I have seen enough.

It's a exhibit A on why Network TV Dramas still bite.

It's so formulaic. It's not even President Jack Bauer. It's President Kiefer Sutherland as a lib Ivy Prof thrust into the Presidency and there is some sort of conspiracy.

Meanwhile as the stuff is dropping out of the sky around them, he gets reassuring moments with his wife and some prime after school special parenting moments.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Watching episode 5 now. We're seeing that Bubba Gump is overseeing the Navy Seals strike team.

Reaction Score
I gave this show a shot. I watched two episodes and I think I have seen enough.

It's a exhibit A on why Network TV Dramas still bite.

It's so formulaic. It's not even President Jack Bauer. It's President Kiefer Sutherland as a lib Ivy Prof thrust into the Presidency and there is some sort of conspiracy.

Meanwhile as the stuff is dropping out of the sky around them, he gets reassuring moments with his wife and some prime after school special parenting moments.

Agree with most of this.

Sticking with it for now but it is on a short leash...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Watching episode 5 now. We're seeing that Bubba Gump is overseeing the Navy Seals strike team.

That episode was better than a few before. I'm sticking with it, because I think it will become interesting as they reveal the broader conspiracy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That episode was better than a few before. I'm sticking with it, because I think it will become interesting as they reveal the broader conspiracy.
Yep...it was a good episode. Just not sure why Kirkman is focused on McLeish as a VEEP candidate.

Reaction Score
Stuck with it through season one so far. On break until March.

Glad I did. Have to suspend belief in parts and not great but it has been good. Nice cliff hanger end......

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Stuck with it through season one so far. On break until March.

Glad I did. Have to suspend belief in parts and not great but it has been good. Nice cliff hanger end.

So did I and watched the last one last night. It's not brilliant, but there's enough intrigue about the conspiracy to make it interesting. I do think so characters who should know better behave stupidly.
No FBI agent with a critical set of paper files will drive madly to get them to a Congresswoman. They snap pictures on their phone and text them. Saving them to iCloud or whatever in the process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom