DE's next year? | The Boneyard

DE's next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who are our defense ends going to be next year. Willman and Joseph are both seniors and yet they haven't been producing, maybe in part because they play the entire game. Other than substituting Pruitt occassionally and he to me is a tackle not an end, we don't play anybody else. What happened to Frank and Battle-Santos? These guys are getting no time even in blowout situations. Makes we wonder why we moved Norris to TE since he doesn't play and showed promise at DE last season before getting injured. Why is there no rotation at DE and to get these younger guys some action? I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
There will be whole new staff here to evaluate players and determine who plays. Add that to the good news.

Reaction Score
Said it last week that if there wasn't a major step forward it would be time to cycle some hungry guys into the rotation. It's time.

Reaction Score
Who are our defense ends going to be next year. Willman and Joseph are both seniors and yet they haven't been producing, maybe in part because they play the entire game. Other than substituting Pruitt occassionally and he to me is a tackle not an end, we don't play anybody else. What happened to Frank and Battle-Santos? These guys are getting no time even in blowout situations. Makes we wonder why we moved Norris to TE since he doesn't play and showed promise at DE last season before getting injured. Why is there no rotation at DE and to get these younger guys some action? I just don't get it.

How do we look at getting Christian Wilkins?

Reaction Score
I like pruitt at end a lot. The key is getting a fast defensive on the opposite side. Pruitt is a solid d end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Pruitt, Norris, McBryde, to start. I think we will be ok at DE.
Norris - he has been moved to TE, if he is the answer why is he not there now.
McBride - barely seeing the field now. Too big for DE
Not sure outside of Pruitt who you see that says we will be okay?

Reaction Score
Can't forget about the frosh that take off their redshirts next year. one in particular I'm looking forward to seeing is Jalen Stevens. He came in at 6'3 216lbs (current roster listing).. hopefully he can come in and be that guy that provides the Trevardo Williams type edge rush ability. We lack speed on the edges...

Reaction Score
Cole Ormsby? Windsor kid? Isn't he a red-shirt now?

Reaction Score
Either way you are looking at 2 guys you just mentioned who will have no game experience which goes back to the original question of why we aren't giving some of the guys behind Joesph and Willman more game action?

Reaction Score
I said in my Louisville game breakdown that the new staff should consider position switches to increase team speed. Ashiru to end makes too much sense. Line him up wide of the tackle, play Vann as the backer behind him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Either way you are looking at 2 guys you just mentioned who will have no game experience which goes back to the original question of why we aren't giving some of the guys behind Joesph and Willman more game action?

Not important for Stevens or Ormsby to be starters at this stage in 2014, but can they bring something to the table and at least be a part of the rotation. we need fresh bodies on the ends that can provide pass rushing ability off the edge. We have none of that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom