Des Moines Pregame Meet Up | The Boneyard

Des Moines Pregame Meet Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me and gutterking are making the drive down from Minneapolis on Saturday. Would love to get a UConn/Boneyard pregame going or join in on one if it already exists. Beers and wings to warm up the belly for the nightcap. Anybody else in? The "Royal Mile" is .5 miles from the arena and looks like a decent spot.

Reaction Score
gonna bump this. I guess per usual, all husky supporters there will just be retired boosters with their hands on their laps. So us relative young'n's that do make the trip need to be loud.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
gonna bump this. I guess per usual, all husky supporters there will just be retired boosters with their hands on their laps. So us relative young'n's that do make the trip need to be loud.
That's actually not the usual in my experience. The folks attending the games are a combination of guys in their 30's and 40's who drink like crazy and make a lot of noise and some older, well heeled folks who are on the worldtek trip. The team hotel always serves as a good place to gather pre and post game. Trying to gather a group anywhere else is always like herding cats and just as effective. The problem is that a first round in Des Moines is a pain in the ass to get to. If we make the Regionals or, God willing, the Final Four I encourage you to go and experience that if you haven't. Lots of drunken, loud 30, 40, 50 somethings like me there to supplement you young whippersnappers.

Reaction Score
That's actually not the usual in my experience. The folks attending the games are a combination of guys in their 30's and 40's who drink like crazy and make a lot of noise and some older, well heeled folks who are on the worldtek trip. The team hotel always serves as a good place to gather pre and post game. Trying to gather a group anywhere else is always like herding cats and just as effective. The problem is that a first round in Des Moines is a pain in the ass to get to. If we make the Regionals or, God willing, the Final Four I encourage you to go and experience that if you haven't. Lots of drunken, loud 30, 40, 50 somethings like me there to supplement you young whippersnappers.

That's fair. I'm really just trying to get us excited! I think definitely in New York or Worcester or Providence or Buffalo or Boston or Philly or DC or somewhere around there, you'll get a bunch of UConn fans that are loud and boisterous. I have been to games in Worcester that were great. To be fair, I haven't experienced a Huskies game outside of the Northeast, but a big problem, even at Gampel and the XL is that too many of our fans are not into it at the level of other elite programs, such as KU, Indiana, and Kentucky. I worry that that will especially be the case in a place like Des Moines. But alas, that's not the point of this thread--not trying to create any negativity!

Reaction Score
Sounds good. Got about 3/4 of a round of golf in before it started lightly snowing. I'm actually at The Royal Mile. Cool place, but way small. Also it's English themed and they have soccer on the few TVs there are. See you at Johnnys.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Me and gutterking are making the drive down from Minneapolis on Saturday. Would love to get a UConn/Boneyard pregame going or join in on one if it already exists. Beers and wings to warm up the belly for the nightcap. Anybody else in? The "Royal Mile" is .5 miles from the arena and looks like a decent spot.
How many trophy points do you have? If you have more than 590 I'll clue you in to where the cool fans are raging hard. If not, I can't help. Get some more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom