DePaul's flight canceled. Now arriving tomorrow morning! | The Boneyard

DePaul's flight canceled. Now arriving tomorrow morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, those poor Devils :-(. It was probably going to be an ugly game to start with. Now? Good thing Geno likes Doug. If it gets out of hand he may take the foot off the pedal early.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My brother-in-law just got home from Bradley and said there was nothing coming in today. He was 1 of 2 people who actually showed up for his company.

Reaction Score
My wife and I have season tickets, but at this point it seems very unlikely that we'll even be able to get out of our driveway by tomorrow and I have to believe that a lot of fans are in the same situation. If so, it would be really nice if UConn would basically just open the doors and let students in. It would be a shame to play the game to an empty Gampel Pavilion when there are thousands of students within walking distance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My wife and I have season tickets, but at this point it seems very unlikely that we'll even be able to get out of our driveway by tomorrow and I have to believe that a lot of fans are in the same situation. If so, it would be really nice if UConn would basically just open the doors and let students in. It would be a shame to play the game to an empty Gampel Pavilion when there are thousands of students within walking distance.
That sounds like a great idea. (I think, hmmm maybe there could be problem.??)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, this is going to be an incredibly poorly attended game in which Uconn beats the bejesus out of a team that has had a less than desirable travel schedule.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn should play with a player in the penalty box to make the game close.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I like the idea of the University letting students letting the doors open and filling the stands with students, particularly since this will be nationally televised. Ok, since it's ESPNU, partially nationally televised.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
It looks like only a 25% chance that I'll be at the game today. The problem is the snowed in drive-way, as Frodo mentioned above. But I dont think that all that many students will rush to fill the empty seats. Women's games are not anywhere near as popular as men's games are with the students.

Reaction Score
It looks like only a 25% chance that I'll be at the game today. The problem is the snowed in drive-way, as Frodo mentioned above. But I dont think that all that many students will rush to fill the empty seats. Women's games are not anywhere near as popular as men's games are with the students.
Offer free concessions and they will come....oh, wait. Gampel doesn't sell beer. Well, maybe popcorn, hot dogs, pizza and soda might draw a few students...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom