DePaul tix readily available on StubHub | The Boneyard

DePaul tix readily available on StubHub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
300 available for instant download as of 6:30 Thursday morning.

Many, many below face value.

Reaction Score
Just wond'rin'.....

So for years they said people were not filling the stands because of the lack of competition. You know, the "Who wants to see a 35-point blowout?" excuse.

Now we have a team which, to put it generously, will engage in a number of cliffhangers this year, one of them tonight against an ever-dangerous opponent. Now what's the excuse?

I understand that some people who otherwise might attend are put off by parking prices, ticket prices, distance to the arena, lack of seat backs, for cryin out loud. I get all that. But we all know the quality of the product being turned out at UConn. In a down year, UConn is the #2 ranked team in WCBB.

I think there are two possible conclusions. One is that UConn has been fat and happy for so long that their marketing department did not realize that the audience is quite different now, and must be approached differently. I don't think that offering customers gift cards that can be used like restaurant gift cards, as the ad says, is going to make all the difference with a younger audience (although it is not a bad idea).

Marketing is difficult. I did it for years and can attest to that fact. What's not hard to figure out is that fact that the current audience is aging, and without new troops, we're going to see a lot of half-filled arenas in the future. UConn really needs to determine what audience is likely to come to games in the future and market the hell out of the women's team, and soon.

The second conclusion is that WCBB is less relevant with people today, and we should just accept smaller attendane as the way it is. I'd need to be persuaded of that one.

Sorry for the rant in the middle of what was a calm post about available tickets.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just wond'rin'.....

So for years they said people were not filling the stands because of the lack of competition. You know, the "Who wants to see a 35-point blowout?" excuse.

Now we have a team which, to put it generously, will engage in a number of cliffhangers this year, one of them tonight against an ever-dangerous opponent. Now what's the excuse?

I understand that some people who otherwise might attend are put off by parking prices, ticket prices, distance to the arena, lack of seat backs, for cryin out loud. I get all that. But we all know the quality of the product being turned out at UConn. In a down year, UConn is the #2 ranked team in WCBB.

I think there are two possible conclusions. One is that UConn has been fat and happy for so long that their marketing department did not realize that the audience is quite different now, and must be approached differently. I don't think that offering customers gift cards that can be used like restaurant gift cards, as the ad says, is going to make all the difference with a younger audience (although it is not a bad idea).

Marketing is difficult. I did it for years and can attest to that fact. What's not hard to figure out is that fact that the current audience is aging, and without new troops, we're going to see a lot of half-filled arenas in the future. UConn really needs to determine what audience is likely to come to games in the future and market the hell out of the women's team, and soon.

The second conclusion is that WCBB is less relevant with people today, and we should just accept smaller attendane as the way it is. I'd need to be persuaded of that one.

Sorry for the rant in the middle of what was a calm post about available tickets.
HDTV... less hassle at home, as much as "die-hard" fans wont admit to it. You park for free, free food, bathroom isnt crowded, fart and burp as loud as you want. nice and toast with free booze.
I know the ticket price excuse is very weak these days but some may still use it.

I'll admit Gampel isnt a fun drive, are the seating still metal benches>
Hartford is cool, reputation isnt... which may scare some folks even tho I never of a crime toward a fan (maybe a car break -in?) but parking prices and seating structure may turn off a few folks.

I know I live in walking distance to the XL Center but I rather stay home and avoid the hassle... and most of the time my work schedule doesnt allow me to attend many games.

HDTV has cut into all sports attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog