DePaul over #21 Oklahoma, 111-108 in OT | The Boneyard

DePaul over #21 Oklahoma, 111-108 in OT

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me run over to the OU board right now and lurk... since they still haven't approved my request from two months ago to join.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This game along with the SC/Maryland game and the Louisville/OSU game is showing us early on that WCBB has reached a kind of parity among the elite teams. Which is not particularly surprising.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This game along with the SC/Maryland game and the Louisville/OSU game is showing us early on that WCBB has reached a kind of parity among the elite teams. Which is not particularly surprising.
Then UConn screws things up by actually playing defense. The losers went over 80 points (if not 100) in each of these games.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Then UConn screws things up by actually playing defense. The losers went over 80 points (if not 100) in each of these games.
(Shaking my fist) UCaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn! I mean, KHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You know I've said any number of times, if Doug could somehow get the talent, even of an Okla., he'd be a handful every year and a perennial E8 coach.
An excellent coach, indeed. But DePaul is unlikely to ever be a recruiting mecca. His situation reminds me of his conference mate, Harry Paretta at Villanova.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yep
An excellent coach, indeed. But DePaul is unlikely to ever be a recruiting mecca. His situation reminds me of his conference mate, Harry Paretta at Villanova.
Yep, and former Dayton coach Jim Jabir. Excellent coaches who never had or probably never will get the horses.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yep

Yep, and former Dayton coach Jim Jabir. Excellent coaches who never had or probably will get the horses.
This article has some interesting information on DePaul's brand new arena, and some great quotes from coach Bruno about what the new arena might mean for recruiting:
New arena could be a game-changer for DePaul basketball

"The bells and whistles, you need them now in recruiting," Bruno said. "But, it's the people who negatively recruit against us ... that's really why you need the bells and whistles."

"Teammates live with you forever," Bruno said. "I personally believe that the greatest facility that we have at DePaul is our people and that's always going to be the case. No matter how beautiful a building is, it's still about the people."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good posts about Doug. I really like him. He's a good coach. I remember when he tried to recruit Morgan Tuck, who is from the Chicago area. He asked her whether she was interested in UConn. She said, "Yes," and he stopped recruiting her. It is what it is.

How fascinating that Geno took a program that he termed "intramural" and made it into the elite program in WCB. Amazing. UConn doesn't have anything special as a schoool (I went to grad school at UConn) unlike say Duke or Stanford or even Notre Dame. Just amazing.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch this game?

After taking a bad loss on opening day to Northern Colorado, DePaul responds with a huge overtime win over #21 Oklahoma.

Oklahoma vs. Depaul - Box Score - November 13, 2017 - ESPN

Oklahoma lost despite shooting 54% from the field and outrebounding DePaul. Bruno's squad hit 19 three-pointers and forced 21 turnovers.

Here's the winning basket

Reaction Score
Depaul soph NJ Shore girl Kelly Campbell 16 pts, 10 assts, 6 rebounds

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In other upset news, DePaul's Big East rival #16 Marquette lost 88-87 at New Mexico. Jaisa Nunn had 39 points, including a game-winning 3-point play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom