DePaul men’s basketball hit with NCAA sanctions today. | The Boneyard

DePaul men’s basketball hit with NCAA sanctions today.

Reaction Score
Maybe we didn't have to take away a scholarship based on what Depaul go for similar violations. Doesn't matter as we can't even get a big man recruit right now.

Reaction Score
Sucks as DePaul is a Big East program that I am excited to see some growth potential.

Reaction Score
this hopefully shouldn't have any tangible impact on their so-far-successful rebuild. the recruiting restrictions are already behind them and they still have the #32 recruiting class this year to show for it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sucks as DePaul is a Big East program that I am excited to see some growth potential.
LOL! People have said that every year since Ray Meyer retired. It isn’t true. They stink and have since , well , Ray retired.

Reaction Score
I give this thread 4 or fewer posts before it turns into another thread about KO.

I gotchu.

027F4CC3-C992-4821-8A73-0B72F04A1A18.gif

Reaction Score
So why isn't Leitao fired, don't tell me he doesn't have a "break NCAA rules" clause in his contract.
My daughter (a UVA graduate) went to UVA and visited with her family while he was coach there, she meet him and he showed her around while she was there (she mentioned both her parents were UConn alumni) and she said he seemed like a nice guy.
Obviously he was hiding sinister aspects of his personality to allow an out of control program to sneak aid to a potential student who probably couldn't make it into school on his own; 1st UNCheat, then Louisville hookers and now this. Will the corruption never end?

Reaction Score
So why isn't Leitao fired, don't tell me he doesn't have a "break NCAA rules" clause in his contract.
My daughter (a UVA graduate) went to UVA and visited with her family while he was coach there, she meet him and he showed her around while she was there (she mentioned both her parents were UConn alumni) and she said he seemed like a nice guy.
Obviously he was hiding sinister aspects of his personality to allow an out of control program to sneak aid to a potential student who probably couldn't make it into school on his own; 1st UNCheat, then Louisville hookers and now this. Will the corruption never end?
Bingo.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Glad the NCAA is now punishing a school for helping a player do better in school and qualify for college

Also, this better not be one of the two schools the NCAA is supposedly handing out sanctions to this month...

NCAA obviously now going after the major players for their major corruption.

Reaction Score
Did he destroy a top 5 or 10 program in the country? Did he lie to the NCAA? Is he getting a 3 year show cause?

Reaction Score
LOL! People have said that every year since Ray Meyer retired. It isn’t true. They stink and have since , well , Ray retired.
DePaul’s new arena and no longer playing in a rundown joint down the street from ORD is the latest excuse eliminated; time will tell.

Reaction Score
The St Johns of Chicago. Plus if they fire Leitao they might not get anyone to take that job either. Like St Johns but worse.

Reaction Score
DePaul’s new arena and no longer playing in a rundown joint down the street from ORD is the latest excuse eliminated; time will tell.
Allstate is pretty funny though, the outside looks like a Lowe's and the inside is all carpeted like an 80's movie theater. Each time I went to see UConn play I went without tickets and someone gave me free ones outside the arena and then they had to listen to me cheer for UConn the entire time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom