Depaul is our most important game of the year | The Boneyard

Depaul is our most important game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can make the case this is the most important game of our season, and one of Hurley's since arriving. Seems silly, as it is a game we likely we be a 10+ ish favorite. But, the second half of last nights game was the closest we have looked to our beginning of year success, and also showed flashes of emerging late-year potential of Hawkins taking over and adding a driving element, Newton playing like a PG with confidence, and using a zone with some success that plays into the strengths of Jackson's defensive skills and athleticism.
Will this transfer over right at tipoff for this game? Has that second half effort tipped the scales for Hurley and Co to move forward in a new direction? I am interested and excited for this game. I have never uttered those words for a Depaul game.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I like your thinking. It might not be the most important game but t could be a transitionall game out of the funk

Orc

Reaction Score
I think this will be another close game . It wouldn’t shock anyone if they lose tbh. Not a road warrior yet

Reaction Score
You can make the case this is the most important game of our season, and one of Hurley's since arriving. Seems silly, as it is a game we likely we be a 10+ ish favorite. But, the second half of last nights game was the closest we have looked to our beginning of year success, and also showed flashes of emerging late-year potential of Hawkins taking over and adding a driving element, Newton playing like a PG with confidence, and using a zone with some success that plays into the strengths of Jackson's defensive skills and athleticism.
Will this transfer over right at tipoff for this game? Has that second half effort tipped the scales for Hurley and Co to move forward in a new direction? I am interested and excited for this game. I have never uttered those words for a Depaul game.

it's going to be a lonnggg 6 days to DePaul but I agree with the point in wanting to see how this team builds off the 2nd half of the Xavier game. I was worried after the Butler game that our dominance was because Butler sucks so bad and that when we went to play Xavier, we'd look more like the team we were before it. We came out like that team and then reverted back to the team we looked like in the first 14 games once we had nothing to lose. DePaul isnt a walkover as we saw with Xavier but I'm really hoping we build some momentum heading toward the BE Tournament and get a chance to get even against Providence, Marquette, Seton Hall and St Johns.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
If they don't win both road games next week I'm going to start worrying about missing the tournament.

They need both DePaul games, Gtown and Seton Hall, and 3 of Villanova, St. John's, Creighton, Marquette and PC.

Reaction Score
So in other words we finally saw some adjustments from hurley and we saw a big improvement. For the first time in over a month this team showed a glimpse of the team we saw to start the season. This team stinks has been my mantra lately but finally i saw some sign this team can infact turn this around.

Reaction Score
Who has De Paul as our most important game back in November.

Please step up to the window and collect your winnings.
B240576E-DFD1-4AD4-9418-2DA2B95A3A7C.gif

Reaction Score
If we can’t beat DePaul, the team that lost to Butler and let Georgetown end its record setting losing streak, not to mention powers Santa Clara and mighty Duquesne, I might suggest that we just shut the program down and come back next year. Good grief DePaul isnt even a mid tier A10 level team. And this is one of their better teams in a while. Lose to DePaul and I’d give Hurley a bus ticket to Bayonne and pass a law banning him from ever setting foot in the state of Connecticut again.

Ok now post about how good their NET is, boys.

Reaction Score
No....its a BE road game next week with 8 games after that. Plenty big games left. Yes need to win but a loss doesn't end the season.

Reaction Score
If they don't win both road games next week I'm going to start worrying about missing the tournament.

They need both DePaul games, Gtown and Seton Hall, and 3 of Villanova, St. John's, Creighton, Marquette and PC.
I think if we go 10-10 we’re good with what will always be a good NET as long as there are not 5 better teams above us. BE Tournament will be a war for everyone. We could be a force in the NCAA Tournament-a team nobody wants in their bracket.

Reaction Score
Who here is willing to buy into point spreads?
Usually they are pretty close on but sometimes they’re way off. Don’t remember the line but who would have guessed PC would beat us by 10 or 12?

Reaction Score

I agree with your point. It’s not the opponent that matters. It’s whether they come out at the start of the game the way they came out to start the second half last night.

I completely agree. Last night’s 2nd half gave us a glimpse of just how good they can be even against a top 15 team. Let’s see if they keep it up. I think they will.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree with your point. It’s not the opponent that matters. It’s whether they come out at the start of the game the way they came out to start the second half last night.

I completely agree. Last night’s 2nd half gave us a glimpse of just how good they can be even against a top 15 team. Let’s see if they keep it up. I think they will.
people said the exact same thing after the Butler game

Reaction Score
The most important game is always the next game from now on. It just happens to be DePaul at this moment until it's not.
Agreed - the last 3 weeks have made it be so unfortunately.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If we can’t beat DePaul, the team that lost to Butler and let Georgetown end its record setting losing streak, not to mention powers Santa Clara and mighty Duquesne, I might suggest that we just shut the program down and come back next year. Good grief DePaul isnt even a mid tier A10 level team. And this is one of their better teams in a while. Lose to DePaul and I’d give Hurley a bus ticket to Bayonne and pass a law banning him from ever setting foot in the state of Connecticut again.

Ok now post about how good their NET is, boys.
Almost three hours elapsed before you served something from the back of the fridge? This board no longer needs you for this. And don't count on hearing, "Thank you for your service."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No. We will blow this team out. Don’t think so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom