Depaul Game - Recommendations | The Boneyard

Depaul Game - Recommendations

Reaction Score
Super excited that I'll be going to my first ever game that's actually in Connecticut on March 1st against Depaul. I'm now traveling more for my job and my territory just happens to be CT so I'll be in town to check out the XL Center for my first game ever!

Having never been in CT before I'd love your recommendations, specifically in Hartford. Where should I stay that night after the game? Where should I eat beforehand? Any other must-do's? TIA

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As a ritual for your first time in the ole Civic Center, you need to go to the men’s bathroom above 101 and 102. Use the awkwardly placed urinal wedged up against the bathroom stall. If you’re over 200 lbs you might not fit and you’ll piss yourself.

It’s a right of passing.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Super excited that I'll be going to my first ever game that's actually in Connecticut on March 1st against Depaul. I'm now traveling more for my job and my territory just happens to be CT so I'll be in town to check out the XL Center for my first game ever!

Having never been in CT before I'd love your recommendations, specifically in Hartford. Where should I stay that night after the game? Where should I eat beforehand? Any other must-do's? TIA
As @Hey Adrien! mentioned the Goodwin is beautiful, and literally across the street from XL. Bit pricy but surrounded by good food options. Max Downtown is right next door, Trumbull Kitchen one block up (same owner as Max’s but less “bougie”), and if you want a pregame margarita I really like Agave which is a short walk.

If you’re looking for lunch ideas I gotta shout out my guys at NY Deli, right outside the Goodwin. My personal favorite sandwich spot is Cornerstone which is a little walk but well worth it.

Enjoy the game and your first trip to Hartford! And bundle up…it’s like a wind tunnel all around the XL and late January is bitter cold!

Reaction Score
Vaughan’s is another bar option on Pratt close to both Goodwin and Residence Inn. I was about to suggest Black Eyed Sallys on Asylum but that has reduced hours since Covid. I used to go there for food, drink and music

Reaction Score

Landed in CT yesterday and can’t wait for tomorrow! I’m sitting Section 113 Row H

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom