Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We got to work on those free throws I'll take the w but I'm not happy
We were shooting almost 80%

Until tonight, we left a lot at the free throw line

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was nervous when Whaley got dunked on for a DePaul lead just under 5 but they never scored again!
We were the tired, beat up team coming in, but they were the worn out ones at the end of the game. Their last 8 possessions consisted of 2 misses and 6 turnovers. Our D in the last 5 minutes was on point, but I think that it helped a lot that DePaul had run out of steam.

I'm not sure we've ever had a 16 steal game before -- even back in the days of JC's trapping zone press. That's like almost a third of their possessions ended in steals.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
And we couldn't throw the ball into the ocean for the middle 20.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We got to work on those free throws I'll take the w but I'm not happy
We won for crying out loud. Be happy. Let the coach worry about execution.

BTW, usually a missed FT is off by less than an inch. The guys who shoot around 80% or over aren’t that common. Yesterday, Martin took far more FT than anyone else outside of Cole and was the main cause of the bad %. Two of the worst FT shooters all time in the NBA were among the most prolific point producers. Wilt and Shaq.

Obviously making FTs is important but some guys just aren’t going to be that well controlled and it’s even harder when you aren’t allowed to get the range with a few practice shots. That said, I think Cole is a decent foul shooter despite terrible form and I’d think a tweak would make him better because his control is ok. Hi FT have little touch, too hard. So if he is off by an eighth of an inch it’s unlikely to hang on the rim and drop.

Reaction Score
It was a good win. There were moments some of us were having doubts because they could not make FTs. Our team D was really really good last night. Our guys, for whatever reason, could not make any FTs. It was good to have another guy (Martin) that can score when we needed it. We also need to do more to get Polley open so he can take his 3s. We gonna miss Polley next year when he is no longer around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom