OT: Denver, CO Bachelor Party | The Boneyard

OT: Denver, CO Bachelor Party

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
visiting both Denver and Boulder in early October. Any BY recommendations as far as food and attractions go?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Btw Denver and Boulder is town called Lyons. On Rt 36 you will find a great place called The Colorado Cherry Company. Excellent cherry pie!

Colorado Cherry Company

EDIT: Lyons is north of Boulder. Still a nice place with interesting offerings to bring home.

Reaction Score
Shotgun Willey's

go downtown and hit the underground clubs next to Union Station.

Reaction Score
visiting both Denver and Boulder in early October. Any BY recommendations as far as food and attractions go?
Is this your first visit? I love that area and plan to move there at some point. Attractions can go in different directions for me, whether you’re looking to do outdoorsy things or not. I can’t suggest too much food wise but there are plenty of great microbreweries. If you go to Red Rocks to sight see, Tony Rigatoni in Morrison is a good little Italian joint. Here are a few suggestions on things to see.

Red Rocks Ampitheatre
Pearl Street in Boulder
Garden of The Gods, Colorado Springs
Mount Evans or Pike’s Peak
Monk’s Seafood, downtown
Flat Irons, Boulder
Any dispensary

Enjoy!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Btw Denver and Boulder is town called Lyons. On Rt 36 you will find a great place called The Colorado Cherry Company. Excellent cherry pie!

Colorado Cherry Company

EDIT: Lyons is north of Boulder. Still a nice place with interesting offerings to bring home.

Shotgun Willey's

Thanks - we are going to show Phil the time of his life.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Shotgun Willey's

My cousin (who is attending said bachelor party) used to live out west and always references this place. Not really my bag, but sometimes you don’t always get your bag on your bachelor party and you don’t really have a choice :eek:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Oh you actually meant cherry pie

Formative moment of my young adulthood being approached by a woman at the park saying, “you’ve had some of that pumpkin pie why don’t you try this sweet potato pie I got.” Still makes me shudder thinking of it. She was probably 60.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Is this your first visit? I love that area and plan to move there at some point. Attractions can go in different directions for me, whether you’re looking to do outdoorsy things or not. I can’t suggest too much food wise but there are plenty of great microbreweries. If you go to Red Rocks to sight see, Tony Rigatoni in Morrison is a good little Italian joint. Here are a few suggestions on things to see.

Red Rocks Ampitheatre
Pearl Street in Boulder
Garden of The Gods, Colorado Springs
Mount Evans or Pike’s Peak
Monk’s Seafood, downtown
Flat Irons, Boulder
Any dispensary

Enjoy!

Visited when I was 17 which doesn’t really count. Was definitely interested in the flatirons. Also considering getting an air bnb in Golden as opposed to Denver so we can be at more of a mountain house type deal.

Reaction Score
Visited when I was 17 which doesn’t really count. Was definitely interested in the flatirons. Also considering getting an air bnb in Golden as opposed to Denver so we can be at more of a mountain house type deal.
I was going to mention Golden, that would be fantastic.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was going to mention Golden, that would be fantastic.

It makes a lot of sense because we’re going to the CU vs ASU football game Saturday so it puts us halfway to Boulder and we can still venture into Denver at night if I rent a van. I presume there’s nothing really to do in Golden as far as nightlife, right?

Reaction Score
You clearly haven’t met enough Yarders in person if you’re asking for bachelor party advice. And my reply is even more accurate with Dove being first to chime in.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Estes Park isn't all that far from Boulder. You can check out the hotel that inspired "The Shining" and then it' a hop, skip and a jump to Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road through the Park takes you up over 11,000' and some nice views. Elk hang out in town like they own the place.

Reaction Score
Estes Park isn't all that far from Boulder. You can check out the hotel that inspired "The Shining" and then it' a hop, skip and a jump to Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road through the Park takes you up over 11,000' and some nice views. Elk hang out in town like they own the place.
It’s funny that they say there’s one week in particular when they litter the streets, because the week I was there they were everywhere as well. The Stanley Hotel is also wear they filmed parts of Dumb And Dumber, including the blue and orange tuxedo part. The views of The Rockies there are phenomenal.

Reaction Score
There is / was a great restaurant that served bison. Had a life size statue of a bison in front of the building. Can't recall name.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There is / was a great restaurant that served bison. Had a life size statue of a bison in front of the building. Can't recall name.
"International House of Bison"

Reaction Score
It makes a lot of sense because we’re going to the CU vs ASU football game Saturday so it puts us halfway to Boulder and we can still venture into Denver at night if I rent a van. I presume there’s nothing really to do in Golden as far as nightlife, right?

I live out here, albeit with two small children, so I'm not totally up-to-date on the latest trends. For night life, stay in Denver, or party with the students in Boulder. One option is to take the A-Line train from DIA to Union Station, and stay in LoDo. There is plenty to do within walking distance. The Crawford Hotel is in Union Station, and is really nice and convenient, but is also expensive. There are other hotel options near Union Station. You can Uber or Lyft around town easily. Rental cars are nearby as well.

There's a lot of good suggestions in here. If you want traditional old west food, try the Buckhorn Exchange (expensive). El Taco De Mexico on Santa Fe Dr has excellent traditional Mexican food and is affordable. If you're in Denver on Friday 10/5, it will be first friday art walk on Santa Fe Dr...

First Friday Art Walks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom