OT: Dennis Rodman 30 for 30 | The Boneyard

OT: Dennis Rodman 30 for 30

Reaction Score
All the 30 for 30's are generally well done and worth the watch, but I really enjoyed this one. What a complex story and maybe one of those most unique players (on and off the court) in the history of the NBA.

Hurley should bring him in for a rebounding clinic for our big men. He was what, 6'7" or 6'8" at best, and the best rebounder in the league? Or maybe you can't teach desire.

Reaction Score
Hurley should bring him in for a rebounding clinic for our big men. He was what, 6'7" or 6'8" at best, and the best rebounder in the league? Or maybe you can't teach desire.
I HIGHLY doubt you can just "bring him in" to work with the team

Reaction Score
What is more likely is Hurley can pull some tape and show it to the players.

Reaction Score
Even given the animosity towards UConn among many at ESPN, it's still somewhat shocking they haven't done one on UConn basketball. And even if they did, they would probably butcher the mens team. But I guess ESPN hates womens sports ..... ; )

Reaction Score
Even given the animosity towards UConn among many at ESPN, it's still somewhat shocking they haven't done one on UConn basketball. And even if they did, they would probably butcher the mens team. But I guess ESPN hates womens sports ..... ; )
30 For 30's are made by independent film makers. Complaining that none of us make a film would make more sense.

Reaction Score
30 For 30's are made by independent film makers. Complaining that none of us make a film would make more sense.

No need to state the obvious.....

It's def probable the decision makers were approached with a premise about uconn basketball and shot it down. Even if they haven't been approached, I'm confident they would shoot it down unless, again, the film, overall, was a net negative to UConn mens hoops.

Reaction Score
No need to state the obvious.....

It's def probable the decision makers were approached with a premise about uconn basketball and shot it down. Even if they haven't been approached, I'm confident they would shoot it down unless, again, the film, overall, was a net negative to UConn mens hoops.
yeah they don't care that much

Reaction Score
yeah they don't care that much

Based upon the lack of attention uconn recieved during requiem for the big east (which was an abomination), we can be confident in assuming the people at ESPN do care about not helping uconn in any way or even accurately reporting on the success of UConn Hoops over the past 30 years -- which has been historic.

Reaction Score
Based upon the lack of attention uconn recieved during requiem for the big east (which was an abomination), we can be confident in assuming the people at ESPN do care about not helping uconn in any way or even accurately reporting on the success of UConn Hoops over the past 30 years -- which has been historic.
I was thinking this as well about this special but it was in fact about the early days of the big east just as national attention was coming its way. We literally dominated that second era. Why can’t we at least have UConn do a special themselves. Bobby Moynihan can play Calhoun

Reaction Score
I was thinking this as well about this special but it was in fact about the early days of the big east just as national attention was coming its way. We literally dominated that second era. Why can’t we at least have UConn do a special themselves. Bobby Moynihan can play Calhoun
Yep, get the short fat guy to play Calhoun. Makes a ton of sense.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he subscribed to the Charles Barkley school of rebounding.
rebounding.jpg

Reaction Score

It was mostly about the early days BUT the part that was most demeaning to UConn's legacy was lauding Syracuse for the "impossible feat of winning four games in four days" to win the Big East.
Who knew four in four days was tougher than five in five days?

Reaction Score
It was mostly about the early days BUT the part that was most demeaning to UConn's legacy was lauding Syracuse for the "impossible feat of winning four games in four days" to win the Big East.
Who knew four in four days was tougher than five in five days?

The same people that think 1>4

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Just watched it, too. Loved it. Can't believe he was 5'9 at the end of high school unbelievable

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he subscribed to the Charles Barkley school of rebounding. View attachment 46419

Desire and timing. Not sure the timing is teachable either, but Rodman instinctively knew when that ball was coming off the rim and when it would be at a height where he could grab it.

Reaction Score
Just watched it, too. Loved it. Can't believe he was 5'9 at the end of high school unbelievable

That Pistons team should have been put in jail for the fouls they committed. Jesus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom