Delusional Fruit fan... | The Boneyard

Delusional Fruit fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He got on with Fatso @ 11:15 on WFAN and declared that the general feeling among Orange Nation is with Maryland bolting to the B1G,Syracuse will bump out Rutgers & take the Scarlet's invite. Mikey basiclly told him that Syracuse had their shot at the B1g years ago & it's not happening now.
Mikey further said that Siracuse's bitching years ago that there weren't enough football schools in the Big East & threatening to bolt to the B1G was the reason that the Big East brought Miami into the conference in the first place. It was a magical moment of revisionist history.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He got on with Fatso @ 11:15 on WFAN and declared that the general feeling among Orange Nation is with Maryland bolting to the B1G,Syracuse will bump out Rutgers & take the Scarlet's invite. Mikey basiclly told him that Syracuse had their shot at the B1g years ago & it's not happening now.
Mikey further said that Siracuse's bitching years ago that there weren't enough football schools in the Big East & threatening to bolt to the B1G was the reason that the Big East brought Miami into the conference in the first place. It was a magical moment of revisionist history.

I really don't want to see UConn repeat the mistakes that Cuse made by jumping at the first conference offer that came along. They'd have to pay $50M in addition to what they paid to leave the BE early. UConn should sit tight, even sit out a year, and wait for a B1G invite. We almost got an invite in 2010.

Reaction Score
Mike was a big college football insider those days, so there might be some truth to what he said.

I too would much prefer the B1G and I hope Susan and Warde are letting the B1G leadership know that, but jumping conferences is quite easy these days (see TCU) so I would take the ACC invite the moment it comes. Once we get into the ACC we are on level terms with BC and SU which is very important for our recruiting.

Reaction Score
The more you think about it it really depends on what you think the ACC's future. If it stays intact beyond Maryland exit and UC can get the slot then do it.

If the ultimate outcome is the ACC is raided and the carcasses of the ACC will be merged with NbE in some fashion anyway. Thus, maybe if you think #2 is most likely then don't jump and maintain financial flexibility. Possibly we could get to B1G because one or more ACC targets can't pay the exit $$.

I really don't want to see UConn repeat the mistakes that Cuse made by jumping at the first conference offer that came along. They'd have to pay $50M in addition to what they paid to leave the BE early. UConn should sit tight, even sit out a year, and wait for a B1G invite. We almost got an invite in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom