Delta Dreamin ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Delta Dreamin ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
1] It's a good thing that Cam Spencer found his stroke and range, because otherwise this could have been even uglier than it was.

2] The first couple offensive possessions, the Huskies looked like they had no idea what that round brown thing was, and they kept trying to give it to the guys in the hideous green uniforms. Luckily those guys seemed just as confused as our guys.

3] My first thought on seeing Ball starting was that we could be in trouble without Castle. If Spencer didn't get on fire and Tristen didn't get one of those triple double things he likes to do, we could be in for a long night. Well, Tristen came pretty close, but didn't make the triple double (10/8/7). Spencer though, did what he needed to do.

4]Free throw practice should be the order of the day every day till Indiana. Karaban and Newton combined for 10 of 11. Everyone else that shot FTs went 50%.

5] Maybe it was me, but I thought the officiating was the worst I've seen since a St. Raphael vs Blessed Sacrament CYO game in 1962. Early on, they let the Double Ds hack away at our guys hands, wrists, whatever, whenever we got a rebound. After that, it just got normal level bad until late, when they just couldn't keep from puffing on their damned whistles every possession.

6] Going forward, I'd really like to see Karaban get a lot more aggressive. He only hit 1 of 3 from deep last night, but that's an aberration for him. He was 3 for 3 from two, and had a couple dimes. He should be taking more than 6 shots in a game.

7] 20 assists on 29 buckets borders on 70%, which might have been the most comforting stat of the game. For the sake of comparison, the MSV Double Ds were under 40%.

8] Despite getting hacked constantly, Clingan pretty much had his way with the undersized Delta Dreamins.

9] Was impressed with Diarra's 2nd half involvement. Stat line wasn't all that impressive, but he was involved and contributing more than I've seen him since early, early last season.

10] It's another W on the books, but it was not a pretty display of basketball last night. We're going to have to play a LOT better on the 19th. Which is my wife's birthday, so I may end up having to watch it on replay.

Reaction Score
1] It's a good thing that Cam Spencer found his stroke and range, because otherwise this could have been even uglier than it was.

2] The first couple offensive possessions, the Huskies looked like they had no idea what that round brown thing was, and they kept trying to give it to the guys in the hideous green uniforms. Luckily those guys seemed just as confused as our guys.

3] My first thought on seeing Ball starting was that we could be in trouble without Castle. If Spencer didn't get on fire and Tristen didn't get one of those triple double things he likes to do, we could be in for a long night. Well, Tristen came pretty close, but didn't make the triple double (10/8/7). Spencer though, did what he needed to do.

4]Free throw practice should be the order of the day every day till Indiana. Karaban and Newton combined for 10 of 11. Everyone else that shot FTs went 50%.

5] Maybe it was me, but I thought the officiating was the worst I've seen since a St. Raphael vs Blessed Sacrament CYO game in 1962. Early on, they let the Double Ds hack away at our guys hands, wrists, whatever, whenever we got a rebound. After that, it just got normal level bad until late, when they just couldn't keep from puffing on their damned whistles every possession.

6] Going forward, I'd really like to see Karaban get a lot more aggressive. He only hit 1 of 3 from deep last night, but that's an aberration for him. He was 3 for 3 from two, and had a couple dimes. He should be taking more than 6 shots in a game.

7] 20 assists on 29 buckets borders on 70%, which might have been the most comforting stat of the game. For the sake of comparison, the MSV Double Ds were under 40%.

8] Despite getting hacked constantly, Clingan pretty much had his way with the undersized Delta Dreamins.

9] Was impressed with Diarra's 2nd half involvement. Stat line wasn't all that impressive, but he was involved and contributing more than I've seen him since early, early last season.

10] It's another W on the books, but it was not a pretty display of basketball last night. We're going to have to play a LOT better on the 19th. Which is my wife's birthday, so I may end up having to watch it on replay.
Karaban will shoot more when needed. Ultimate team player letting others get reps and build confidence that will be needed later. Ball will not be hoisting all those shots in real games unless he is hot

Reaction Score

Seeing the game I felt the visitors were up to the task. Regardless of kenpom rating. The point guard will not be in that team next year and transfer up. If they could score like they did vs us on a bad night I think they could make some noise in their conference

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom