Delonte West | The Boneyard

Delonte West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read Cuban brought the family together amd offered to pay for his treatment. I read after that where Delonte entered into rehab. I wish him the best. Getting off the streets and over addiction is not an easy thing.

he's lucky he had someone looking out for him, think of all those who never get that help

Reaction Score
He needs major help and to get on a regulated pharmaceutical treatment plan for his mental issues. He's self-medicating to try to deal with his issues, and it's not working. I'm guessing there's a lot of childhood trauma he needs to get worked out through therapy.

Reaction Score
He needs major help and to get on a regulated pharmaceutical treatment plan for his mental issues. He's self-medicating to try to deal with his issues, and it's not working. I'm guessing there's a lot of childhood trauma he needs to get worked out through therapy.
Hey Doc, sometimes it just comes down to “cocaine’s a hell of a drug”.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Hope he sticks with rehab, but as someone who regularly interacts with a family member diagnosed with it, living with bi-polar disorder is tough. It's the highest of the highs and lowest of the lows and you don't know what you're going to get from day to day if not treated properly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s easy to imagine that most addicts and homeless are suffering from some sort of mental illness.
It is easy to imagine that, but is it true? We really need someone to put the time into figuring that out.

Reaction Score
I remember reading about a great women's college hoop star, a center for someone, that was on the streets of DC. She was addicted to drugs and did not want help. I recall seeing an article on this where a friend of hers found her where she always was, in a park downtown, and heard she eventually got arrested for buying drugs and was put in jail. I know I have passed by the park she frequented and I could have passed by her, which is the crazy thing for me. Addiction does not care who it infects quite honestly.

C

Chief00

It is easy to imagine that, but is it true? We really need someone to put the time into figuring that out.
Drug addiction and mental illness can often be the dog or the tail. They can be intermingled and difficult to casually determine cause and effect. From a practical perspective, it sadly becomes one heap that can be difficult to sort out.

Reaction Score
Bi-Polar disorders are controlled/moderated by medications.. If an individual does not have the financial resources to buy those prescribed medications and/or refuses to take them (for whatever reason)..It only exaggerates the disorder in a more dramatic way.. If you introduce the stress of homelessness and or drug addiction to the dynamic of the disorder.. It can be brutal and sometimes fatal.. Delonte is very lucky to have Mark C in his life.. Let's hope he commits himself to his own good health..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104