Delle Donne For Dolson? | The Boneyard

Delle Donne For Dolson?

Reaction Score
Dolson and second pick in the first round may be as good as Chicago's going to get. EDD has stated that unless traded she will not play for Chicago and Chicago gets nothing return.

Reaction Score
How can that possibly be a good trade for the Mystics ? EDD is extremely talented but needs to get her head together . The recurring Lyme disease issue is another problem making it difficult for any organization to deal with.

Reaction Score
What going on with the Sky? Over two years the Sky's top two players are forcing their way off the team? 2015 lose Fowles, 2017 lose EDD?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How can that possibly be a good trade for the Mystics ? EDD is extremely talented but needs to get her head together . The recurring Lyme disease issue is another problem making it difficult for any organization to deal with.
It is a risk for sure, but EDD is an Olympian and when she's healthy, a much better all around player than Dolson. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
What going on with the Sky? Over two years the Sky's top two players are forcing their way off the team? 2015 lose Fowles, 2017 lose EDD?
Good question - they also just fired Pokey Chatman last year so it seems something is going on there...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

How could trading an average center for a league MVP be a good trade? Gee, I wonder.

#2 pick is nice, but who is really available - Pro Prospects | Prospects Nation

Assuming Plum is gone...I don't know that any of the other players coming out is a sure thing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ugh. They couldn't at least get Meesseman? I like Dolson well enough and she'd be Chicago's best center since Fowles by far but this is a very weak return.

Sloot-Cappie-Young-Breland-Dolson isn't a horrible starting 5 but it isn't particularly inspiring either.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How could trading an average center for a league MVP be a good trade? Gee, I wonder.

Assuming Plum is gone...I don't know that any of the other players coming out is a sure thing.

One thing is for sure, there's something going on behind the scenes in Chi-town that we're not privy to. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
I'm sure Chicago will select a talented player that can come in and help them immediately with that #2 pick, depending on their needs. There are other seniors coming out this year that can make a roster, and make significant contributions to their team. Kelsey Plum (G - Washington) may not be the San Antonio Star's # 1 choice (they have the first pick in this year's WNBA draft).

Remember, the Star's starting post player (Jayne Appel-Marinelli) retired. They've got Kayla McBride and Danielle Robinson coming back from injury from last year. They've also got a healthy and very capable second year guard in Moriah Jefferson, so I'm not so sure Plum would fill a need, or be their first choice.

They've got other gaping holes to fill on their roster at other positions. They need two wings and a post player that can score, rebound and play defense for starters. As currently constituted, the Stars finished with a league worst 7-27 record last year. Remember what Bill Parcels said about records and team identity.

Former Stars player and assistant coach Vickie Johnson has been hired as the ninth head coach in franchise history, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Ruth Riley is the Star's GM.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Remember, their starting post player (Jayne Appel-Marinelli) retired. They've got Kayla McBride and Danielle Robinson coming back from injury from last year. They've also got a healthy and very capable second year guard in Moriah Jefferson, so I'm not so sure Plum would fill a need, or be their first choice. They've got other gaping holes to fill on their roster at other positions. They need two wings and a post player that can score, rebound and play defense for starters. As currently constituted, the Stars finished with a league worst 7-27 record last year. Remember what Bill Parcels said about records and team identity.

I would put MoJeff at PG, Plum at SG, K-Mac at SF and look to trade DRob. That is a small backcourt (5-7, 5-8, and 5-11) but I think it might work. Yes, they have huge frontcourt needs but I think Plum's talent is on a different level from the available frontcourt players (e.g. Coates or Brionna Jones)

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure, there's something going on behind the scenes in Chi-town that we're not privy to. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
I'm sure Chicago will select a talented player that can come in and help them immediately with that #2 pick, depending on their needs. There are other seniors coming out this year that can make a roster, and make significant contributions to their team. Kelsey Plum (G - Washington) may not be the San Antonio Star's # 1 choice (they have the first pick in this year's WNBA draft).

Remember, the Star's starting post player (Jayne Appel-Marinelli) retired. They've got Kayla McBride and Danielle Robinson coming back from injury from last year. They've also got a healthy and very capable second year guard in Moriah Jefferson, so I'm not so sure Plum would fill a need, or be their first choice.

They've got other gaping holes to fill on their roster at other positions. They need two wings and a post player that can score, rebound and play defense for starters. As currently constituted, the Stars finished with a league worst 7-27 record last year. Remember what Bill Parcels said about records and team identity.

Former Stars player and assistant coach Vickie Johnson has been hired as the ninth head coach in franchise history, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Ruth Riley is the Star's GM.

As long as I don't have to watch the supremely talented Jefferson struggle to make a certain orange tinted highly overrated player from the SEC look good I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
Edd will make Mytics a better team but not a contender. Back court for Mystics is inconsistent, and Edd is not a center, she plays same position as Emma. If I were washington keep there 2nd round pick and next year try and get Gabby Williams.

Reaction Score
I know on the surface it makes sense to question and blame Chicago because Fowles wanted out too. There is no doubt that EDD wants out because she wants to be near her family. Going to the Mystics is probably as good as it gets to meet that. Chicago can't be blamed here. She simply wants out and they have to get the best possible return for her knowing the Mystics can hold them hostage.

Reaction Score
I know on the surface it makes sense to question and blame Chicago because Fowles wanted out too. There is no doubt that EDD wants out because she wants to be near her family. Going to the Mystics is probably as good as it gets to meet that. Chicago can't be blamed here. She simply wants out and they have to get the best possible return for her knowing the Mystics can hold them hostage.

Edd is only in Chigaco for a couple of months during BB season. Off season she is home. How will playing for Washington change anything . It's not like after practice she can go home. She wants out because the sky are going anywhere.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
It's only a two hour drive. Maybe not an everyday drive, but close enough for off days.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

I could see them trying to package the pick and/or DRob for some starting quality young post/forwards - someone is going to want Plum a lot and I think she and Mo are not an ideal backcourt.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I am really surprised that Alexis Prince is not listed by PN. She has the length and offensive/defensive abilities to be a super WNBA player. IMO she will be a better pro than Nina Davis.

Reaction Score
I could see them trying to package the pick and/or DRob for some starting quality young post/forwards - someone is going to want Plum a lot and I think she and Mo are not an ideal backcourt.
I agree UcM. I've only seen Plum a couple times and she always had the ball finding her own shots. She's certainly not a PG that I can see and she surely isn't going to be a better one than Jefferson. It looks to me like she'll have to learn to come off screens for shots and play without the ball to be effective at that level. And also learn to play some serious defense.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Edd is only in Chigaco for a couple of months during BB season. Off season she is home. How will playing for Washington change anything . It's not like after practice she can go home. She wants out because the sky are going anywhere.
She likes to go home early!

Reaction Score
Exactly.....and that's no disrespect to Dolson...but it is what it is.

A frontcourt featuring Meesseman & Delle Donne is ridiculous.

Problem is , EDD has recurring lyme disease. I know several people with it. It ain't going away. She is a great player when she's on the court. But, the nature of the disease is it recurrs without warning and can last several weeks , even months. Very difficult to design a championship team around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom