Delaware St Spread | The Boneyard

Delaware St Spread

Reaction Score
UNC Wilmington is a legitimate mid-major and should finish the year somewhere around 200 in KenPom. Delaware State has a legitimate claim to being the worst team in Division 1 basketball

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UNC Wilmington is a legitimate mid-major and should finish the year somewhere around 200 in KenPom. Delaware State has a legitimate claim to being the worst team in Division 1 basketball
Lost by 10 to nova, lost by 5 to Columbia. They’re obviously really bad, but they probably aren’t the worst team in D1.

Reaction Score
Lost by 10 to nova, lost by 5 to Columbia. They’re obviously really bad, but they probably aren’t the worst team in D1.
Their highest ranking since 2017 in KenPom is 339, and have been 350+ almost every year in that stretch. They are a truly awful program. The Villanova game is something, but Columbia is another awful team

Reaction Score
Columbia is also one of the worst teams in basketball. The Nova game was a 1 in 160 shooting fluke.
Kind of like…st joes from Hurleys first year when they shot like 80% from 3 against us all game. Probably an exaggeration but similar concept.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And here I was thinking it would be a picture of an antipasto.

1668947719148.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Need to stop playing teams this bad! No excuse.
Yes. and whoever scheduled this game knew full well they were scheduling the worst team in D-1 college basketball just ahead of the PK. Delaware St was 2-26 last year. How could anyone have thought this would improve the team's readiness? Why risk the chance of injury? I like the idea, proposed elsewhere, that DH should give key players a day off today.

Reaction Score
UNC-W played UNC and Oklahoma respectably. We just played exceptionally well over the last 25 minutes to blow them out.

Delaware State lost narrowly to Nova (probably overrated) and Columbia, and got blown out by VT.

It's more about the quality of opponent than us going from underrated to appropriately rated.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You can have one of these games per year and this is the perfect place in the schedule.

Just played Friday night against, so this is on short rest.
Got to travel on Mon or Tues cross-country.
Rest of school just started Thanksgiving break.
You have some injured players you are trying to get in to game shape.
If anyone has a nagging injury, now is the perfect time to rest it.
Last chance to integrate transfer players and set rotations.
You have a murderers row of teams coming up at the PKI.

I know it's not Hurley's style, but today would be the perfect game for the quick hook teaching moment. No matter what the coaches have been emphasizing to the players and what the coaches have been focusing on for indivicual improvement and team concepts, the players should be able to do it at will against a team of this "quality". Can't do it or won't do it??? Take a seat. Next man up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We have covered every game so far. Some places had the Buffalo game right at 20, so that could be a push.

How do we cover 34.5? Geez...might have to take the points here fellas.

Reaction Score
You can have one of these games per year and this is the perfect place in the schedule.
The opponent is okay with me but its not the perfect place on the schedule. I have nothing planned, nowhere to go. Its a very quiet weekend for me.

Why can't they schedule this game(s) when my wife has committed us to a wedding, or some other activity that requires me to refuse with consequences?

Reaction Score
They’re always going to try to schedule an HBCU and, logistically, it works best for one that is at least kind of close by. The Maryland/DC schools have better basketball programs, but the schedules and travel don’t always work out.

Reaction Score
Going into yesterday's action, there were (believe it or not) three BE teams with a strength of schedule weaker than ours (per Ken Pom) -- Providence, St. John's and Creighton. Providence took a leap yesterday by playing and losing to Miami. That leaves UConn among a select three of BE bottom feeders.

KENPOM SOS (363 teams rated)

UConn 344
St Johns 349
Creighton 355

Today's game against Delaware St will give us a crack at Creighton.

Reaction Score
Going into yesterday's action, there were (believe it or not) three BE teams with a strength of schedule weaker than ours (per Ken Pom) -- Providence, St. John's and Creighton. Providence took a leap yesterday by playing and losing to Miami. That leaves UConn among a select three of BE bottom feeders.

UConn 344
St Johns 349
Creighton 355

That changes next week.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I think most of us agree we'd like to see at least a few of these cupcake games be against a little higher tier - I'm pretty sure the weak starts the last two games are because the guys know "this is an easy win". If we're playing 5 make like 3 easy and 2 a little more challenging so that the play is ramped up. How about some low 200/high 100 ranked teams?

I'm all for playing HBCUs though regardless of their ranking but I do think it should be taken into consideration with the other cupcakes that will be scheduled.

Reaction Score

UConn 344
St Johns 349
Creighton 355

I dont see why this matters 5 games intro the season. some other BE teams benefited from the Gavitt games that we weren’t invited to lol

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We have covered every game so far. Some places had the Buffalo game right at 20, so that could be a push.

How do we cover 34.5? Geez...might have to take the points here fellas.

Buffalo was a loss for most and a push at best, 20 was the best you could get for that game ( at least what I saw, and I’m on 4 apps, and a couple tout services)most were 20.5- 21 . Very Close and a push is better than a loss if you were lucky enough to get 20 . I wasn’t

You are right though 34.5 is a tough take. At Gampel I’d really think about taking UConn to cover . I won’t touch it at XL. We simply don’t shoot as well there. I won’t take Delaware either though. Sitting this one out.

Reaction Score
BU, Buffalo, UNCW & LIU are good mid-majors to schedule historically and you need a couple of Stonehill / Del St type games as well.

UConn has 3 High Major games in Oregon followed by OK St & Fla before the Big East schedule starts....the schedule is more than good.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Buffalo was a loss for most and a push at best, 20 was the best you could get for that game ( at least what I saw, and I’m on 4 apps, and a couple tout services)most were 20.5- 21 . Very Close and a push is better than a loss if you were lucky enough to get 20 . I wasn’t

You are right though 34.5 is a tough take. At Gampel I’d really think about taking UConn to cover . I won’t touch it at XL. We simply don’t shoot as well there. I won’t take Delaware either though. Sitting this one out.
I was lucky enough to get in at 20 for the push. Pissed at Sanogo on that fast break still though for a 5 point swing.

Also thank goodness Joey C decided to get his when he could’ve just dribbled the clock out lmao

Probably sitting this one out too. Line is bigger than @Chin Diesel spread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm done betting UConn sports for a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom