Delany: No Big Ten expansion talk with Notre Dame, others | The Boneyard

Delany: No Big Ten expansion talk with Notre Dame, others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In alignment vernacular that means a deal must be eminent!

Reaction Score
I don't see the B1G going past 12 schools with 2 possible exceptions, ND and Texas. Neither one seems interested in playing in the B1G right now. Just an opinion.

Reaction Score
It is interesting that he said that both PSU and Nebraska approached the B1G, and not the other way around. It's in a great position right now.

Reaction Score
I find it more interesting that RU wasn't even on his list of possible candidates the Big wasn't talking to.

Reaction Score
It is interesting that he said that both PSU and Nebraska approached the B1G, and not the other way around. It's in a great position right now.
Maybe it is very easy to get into the Big Ten. All Nebraska and Penn State had to do was ask. Delany says nobody else has asked in. Herbst should take him out to lunch...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Are you implying that they begged?

Reaction Score
I could have sworn the BigTen put together a committee to talk about expansion to 12/14/16 last year, and they hired a Chicago firm to vet members.

What was that about except trying to flush out ND?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If someone calls and says: 'I want to have a private conversation with you; will you keep it confidential?' I won't say: 'Yeah, except for the press day for the men's basketball tipoff classic.'"

So were not having conversations about realignment, except for the conversations that we might be having that I won't tell you about.

Delany did say he's among those who would like to see the rules loosened regarding bids to BCS bowl games. Right now there's a two-team cap per conference.
"Some of the (bowl) matchups don't stand up," he said.
One solution, he said, would be to allow leagues to get a third team into the BCS once every four years.

Already dividing up the Big Easts slot?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
There hasn't been one credible rumor the BiG is expanding

The only credible rumor out there is ND is shopping their all sports but football contract which makes sense as far as due diligence.

Comcast knows it was snookered. Let' see their reply. If ND leaves they have nothing. Literally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom