Defense | The Boneyard

Defense

Reaction Score
A little better. They forced a few punts. Created a hustle turnover. Got a sack.

Still unreal how there is almost no resistance but attempts at arm tackles on top many running plays.

They showed some fight. Incremental improvements are a positive I guess. They will be better in a year from these beatings but this front 7 has to learn to get off blocks.

Reaction Score
A little better. They forced a few punts. Created a hustle turnover. Got a sack.

Still unreal how there is almost no resistance but attempts at arm tackles on top many running plays.

They showed some fight. Incremental improvements are a positive I guess. They will be better in a year from these beatings but this front 7 has to learn to get off blocks.
I still think we will be competitive in the games ahead

Reaction Score

Too bad they don't play Houston this year. Getting to see Ed Oliver in person might teach the youngins something

Reaction Score
From what it’s been in the early games certainly thought some progress today

Reaction Score
Yeah those were our 3 toughest matchups I think. USF and Memphis are also tough physical matchups, but those 3, I believe were our toughest.
It not bad starting with good teams. They will get better with facing these teams future is bright. I am a die hard fan I believe they will just get better with every team they play

Reaction Score
I think you are right. This is the first game that has given me hope that, as the new players develop, the defense will get better and maybe even good.
I agree coaching staff will just make this defense play more agressive with weeks to come.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Giving up 50 points isn't an improvement, it's variance.

Reaction Score
Was it just me or did our defense look a little better.
We were much quicker on defense and tackled better. Our offense played better too, except for the turn overs, against a very tough defense. I wonder how many points we could of put on the board against FSU? A little worried about Dixon, he took that hard hit and didn't play for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
We were much quicker on defense and tackled better. Our offense played better too, except for the turn overs, against a very tough defense. I wonder how many points we could of put on the board against FSU? A little worried about Dixon, he took that hard hit and didn't play for the rest of the game.
We probably could beat FSU or at least put a lot of points against them

Reaction Score
Gotta say this. Really really sad when we can honestly say our Defense has improved after giving up 51 points! That’s 51 points guys and we just played Syracuse not Ohio State. I guess we forced a few punts. Maybe we are not the “worst” D in football after this season! Maybe we didn’t give up 1000 yards today!

Gotta think positive I guess!

No this d sucks and the def coordinator must go! You cannot accept this as a fan base!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I've been VERY critical of our defense and Crocker.

There were some notable improvements today. We end the season with UMass, Tulsa, SMU, ECU, and Temple. I think we could be fairly competitive in those games.
The O and D have both shown glimpses at this point. I’d say vs 3 ranked teams as I’d count on Cuse creeping in. At some point this year both units put it together. I’m not counting us out of a bowl until the 7th loss. Granted I’m not counting out that happening very soon.

Reaction Score
Gotta say this. Really really sad when we can honestly say our Defense has improved after giving up 51 points! That’s 51 points guys and we just played Syracuse not Ohio State. I guess we forced a few punts. Maybe we are not the “worst” D in football after this season! Maybe we didn’t give up 1000 yards today!

Gotta think positive I guess!
No this d sucks and the def coordinator must go! You cannot accept this as a fan base!

Please supply your short list of DC's that would jump at the chance to come to UConn and coach mostly freshmen against all odds of being successful. :confused: :confused:
This and why you would think the head coach is not in charge of these decisions.

Not attacking anyone but Block C starts a thread about the D looking better, follows with 5 posts to support the fact and then adds a like to a post trashing the D.....??? Head bang

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom