Deep Dive into issues | The Boneyard

Deep Dive into issues

Reaction Score
This season sucks so far but there are far too many lazy takes on things that bother me. I’m my opinion and taking the deep dive approach here’s my state of the union type address:
1.) strength and conditioning- Adams is either hurt or out of shape. He looks slow and although he may be the best finisher at the rim I’ve seen in a long time he’s just not at all ready physically to take over in big games....minus Facey last year and Vital this year there just seems to be no real growth year to year in getting these guys in amazing shape...the travel demands in this conference are huge and need to be crazy diligent with health is more important for this team than many others.
2.)NBA alumni support- very rarely see tweets, posts, or visits from some of the powerful alum...the way this team gets pushed around in games is really only on the players....visits from Butler, Allen, Hamilton, Drummond, Kemba, Shabazz, etc or even just messages would be a good thing to see....Say what you want about Deion Sanders but him addressing FSU the other day before that bowl game was awesome....maybe this is happening but could always use more
3.) I like Ollie and think he’s a good coach but he has to get better at just sitting guys or calling them out if they suck that night....player friendly coach isn’t doing anyone any good.
4.) get the students on the floor—if it is not possible to get them around the whole lower bowl there needs to be a give and take to get at least some of that bowl covered.
5.) ditch the civic center and play games in Bridgeport....cater to the NYC suburb alum crowd...charge more if you have to....just try it out....the civic center is a dump

Hoping for some growth...Larrier can’t dribble consistently but is awesome in spurts on offense....He should realize his money will be made in future on defense but maybe he’s not healthy enough or confident enough in knee holding up
Vital is old school UCONN-all heart and is getting good despite not really passing
Cobb is unfortunate bc that injury really cost him....he’s got some moxy and can play but just out of shape

Wins and losses don’t matter to me anymore as much as seeing pride...the conference is sneaky really good and I’m happy we schedule tough but these blowouts can’t happen anymore....send Williams in to body some guys and set the tone if needed....

That’s the end of my rant....will say chillous is the best thing to happen in last two years he gets studs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom