Dedicated to Dove: Jen Opens Up About Move to GW | The Boneyard

Dedicated to Dove: Jen Opens Up About Move to GW

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"My loyalty to Hartford was strong," Rizzotti said. "It was hard for me to walk into that locker room and tell them that I was going because they were my family and they were my kids. But I knew I wasn't going to be happy staying there. I felt stagnant. I felt like I had given everything that I had to build that program and get it where it was. I thought it was going to be too difficult to improve it any further.

"I needed to be at a place where I felt like I could take another step in the right direction to advance my career and get to a little bit further than I was able to get in Hartford."

George Washington won 20 games and advanced to the 2017 WNIT in her first season. In Year 2, the Colonials captured the Atlantic-10 Conference tournament title and the league's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament."

This long article covers a variety of topics, like our incoming freshman:

"I thought they were great," Rizzotti said. "I had never seen Olivia in person so she was just kind of an eye-opener for me in terms of her ability to move and be athletic and get to the rim. She had a great trials. I thought she was excellent. Christyn, we put on the 19 and under championship the year before, and she continued to prove why she is one of the elite players in the country. They both are hungry and they are coachable and competitive. I am excited to see what they do at UConn. I think they have a bright future."

Also some old news on Phee and the World Cup after this article.

Connecticut still special to ex-Huskies' great Rizzotti

Reaction Score
I'll always love Jen for the way she faked Michelle Marciniak right out of her shorts for that layup in the 95 championship. My mother still has the Sports Illustrated special edition with Jen on the cover.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom