Decision time nearing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Decision time nearing

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
The ESPN deal and season ticket price increase was a real punch in the gut.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but it's not quite there yet.

I'll declare the tide fully turned when you can subscribe to ESPN, fully, OTT. I can't believe this $5 a month doesn't include at least the main 2 channels.

The problem is the ESPN bundle (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and SECN) costs about $9/month to the cable company as part of the bundle. Yes, it is that expensive. (You can dramatically reduce your cable bill by going to Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV,... and still get the ESPN channels.)

If ESPN goes direct to consumers and is not bundled, they may have to charge $50/month to be revenue neutral. Here's the math, if the bundle unwinds, and 20% of consumers choose to purchase ESPN directly, they would need to charge 5x as much as they charge cable companies in the bundle to remain revenue neutral. Disney (ESPN) is in a dangerous position if the bundle breaks as they have committed huge money LT to a number of leagues and conferences.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
During 2018, all Mets and UConn Men's and Women's basketball games on SNY will be streamed in-market on SNY.tv on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app - NBC Sports Group's live streaming platform for desktops, mobile devices, tablets and connected TVs.

VPN brother. Not sure about the effect on the quality of the stream though. Probably depends on provider.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: SNY VP: Future of UConn-SNY relationship unclear as ESPN, AAC prepare to announce TV deal

>>“Frankly, we’ve been hearing probably as you’ve been hearing,” Morgenstern said at Harbor Yard Arenea, where network reps gathered for the announcement of an annual hockey tournament involved all four Conneccticut Division one teams. “We don’t know too much about it. We’ve been contacted by ESPN simply to say, ‘There’s a contract and we’re going to go through it and understand all the components of that.’ But we frankly don’t know what it means for us.”<<

This is surely one way to treat a Business partner

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is surely one way to treat a Business partner

SNY's deal is with UConn. The AAC was negotiating with ESPN, specifically the presidents of, as I'd seen it, Memphis, SMU and one of the other hayseed schools.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
SNY's deal is with UConn. The AAC was negotiating with ESPN, specifically the presidents of, as I'd seen it, Memphis, SMU and one of the other hayseed schools.

I don’t know what the contract language is but the statement that SNY was blindsided almost , reads like poor management to me. But what do I know I’m a message board poster

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don’t know what the contract language is but the statement that SNY was blindsided almost , reads like poor management to me. But what do I know I’m a message board poster

By Herbst?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom