Decided In A Storm: Dorka's Return | The Boneyard

Decided In A Storm: Dorka's Return

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There's no guile in Dorka. She's a treat and a half.

There's no guile in Dorka. She's a treat and a half.

What I heard Dorka say in this video to UConn is: "I love you." There's an old saying in life.......don't tell me you love me, SHOW ME you love me. By coming back when she could have left shows UConn that she loves them. :cool:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I said it before, I love this girl. Lou sounds like another great kid and I've been a Nika fan since the beginning. There must be something about these foreign players, don't know what it is specifically, but I like it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I said it before, I love this girl. Lou sounds like another great kid and I've been a Nika fan since the beginning. There must be something about these foreign players, don't know what it is specifically, but I like it.
I think they have a unique appreciation for UConn as a basketball institution; and I love the accents!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Isn't it interesting how/why fans are drawn to, or like one player over another? :confused: Of course we like all of our players, some than others.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Since Evina’s gone, I do believe Dorka is going to be my new favorite.
Amari can easily be my favorite (I'm partial to post players) if she can somehow play up to or close to her anticipated/perceived potential. I'm not asking for an Aliyah Boston level performance, just something in the neighborhood, and improve with each passing year. Is that asking too much? :rolleyes: I'd be happy with an average of 8/8 this year, improving to 12/10 next year.

But......I have a feeling that Isuneh "Ice" Brady and Ayanna Patterson are going to ball out this year, and be my favorites. I wonder which one of these freshmen will have their "breakout" game first? Of course Azzi and Paige are already in my favorites group. ;)

Reaction Score
Brady and Patterson may be the real deal. They both have physical tools and we will see if they adapt to the complexity, physicality and pace of college ball.
What I see is that Geno plays them a lot and we get to see him chew out both of them several times a game like we used to see during Charles' first 2 years. The beauty is that they both can start out off the bench instead of Geno being forced to play them. If they show they can play it allows Juhasz and Edwards to play more aggressively. I thought that UConn's defense has suffered because a lack of depth forced them out of pressure defense. Having 5 players fighting for 40 minutes* should make for dynamic scrimmages.

* Patterson may play a little 3 and if she is skilled enough to play a lot of 3 then a title is likely.

Reaction Score
Brady and Patterson may be the real deal. They both have physical tools and we will see if they adapt to the complexity, physicality and pace of college ball.
What I see is that Geno plays them a lot and we get to see him chew out both of them several times a game like we used to see during Charles' first 2 years. The beauty is that they both can start out off the bench instead of Geno being forced to play them. If they show they can play it allows Juhasz and Edwards to play more aggressively. I thought that UConn's defense has suffered because a lack of depth forced them out of pressure defense. Having 5 players fighting for 40 minutes* should make for dynamic scrimmages.
My thinking too, the more minutes from the backups, the more energy the starters can play with on O and D. Two years ago, we were always dodging foul trouble for Olivia and Aaliyah. Last season, Dorka took some of the pressure off the rotation. I’d really like to see Amari, Ice, and Ayanna in the rotation for this reason.

Reaction Score
I think they have a unique appreciation for UConn as a basketball institution; and I love the accents!
I have been impressed for 50 years as the European athletes have a firm grasp on the English language. This goes back to the Olympic skiers who were interviewed on Wide World of Sports. (Generally, the exceptional athlete, knowing that TV exposure would be part of their sport, had very good English speaking skills.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom