Decent hotel by the rent? | The Boneyard

Decent hotel by the rent?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would suggest the downtown Marriott. Three highway miles to The Rent and Friday night you can go see the Disco Biscuits across the street.

Reaction Score
I guess the old Holiday Inn is a Ramada now. I remember when it was new.

Reaction Score
I guess the old Holiday Inn is a Ramada now. I remember when it was new.
The Ramada on Robert's St is all boarded up now. There is a Comfort Suites next door. The Hotels on Glastonbury Blvd in Glastonbury are a good option. Easy ride to the Rent.

Reaction Score
The Ramada on Robert's St is all boarded up now. There is a Comfort Suites next door. The Hotels on Glastonbury Blvd in Glastonbury are a good option. Easy ride to the Rent.
The Comfort Suites the old Wesley Inn by Howard Johnson, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Wow, I wonder what they'll do with the property. I remember when it was built. It had an old Holiday Inn great sign. East Hartford needs some help...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thanks for recommendations and info. The Red Stick Ajumma quashed my short notice plans to fly up for the Liberty game. I lost a close 1-1 vote. Her winning argument was something Ike "you're out of your mind". I guess I'm picking a game next year for my first visit to the Rent. I'll get some high school teammates together (Fitch '75) and see some family. We'll make it a long weekend.

Reaction Score
The Comfort Suites the old Wesley Inn by Howard Johnson, isn't it?
Yes it is. When I got a job and moved to CT , my company put me up in the Holiday Inn for 2 weeks. The Holiday Inn would sell out almost every week day mostly because Pratt had the shuttle flight from Florida to East Hartford. That Holiday Inn was a franchise owned by a company called Prime Hotels. Prime Hotels opened the Wesley because they were tired of sending too many guests that they had no rooms for to competitors. Prime has since gone bankrupt.

Note, I know all this because I became friends with the Holiday Inn general manager at the time.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've stayed at the Comfort Suites, its fine, free breakfast buffet and walkable (the reason we stayed after a Friday night game). But another vote for Friday night Bisco at Infinity..

Reaction Score
Wow, I wonder what they'll do with the property. I remember when it was built. It had an old Holiday Inn great sign. East Hartford needs some help...
Memory lane….I loved the Holiday Inn in East Hartford. I worked there in the restaurant one summer for breakfast and lunch. I’d then play Legion baseball and party for hours with my teammates. Rinse and repeat every day. Both management and the patrons were wonderful people. Tiring schedule but absolutely great memories!

Reaction Score
Memory lane….I loved the Holiday Inn in East Hartford. I worked there in the restaurant one summer for breakfast and lunch. I’d then play Legion baseball and party for hours with my teammates. Rinse and repeat every day. Both management and the patrons were wonderful people. Tiring schedule but absolutely great memories!
The American Legion East Hartford team was great.. back in the 80s. East Hartford was a great sports town in the 70s and 80s.

Reaction Score
I stayed at the Holiday Inn East Hartford on Friday night. It was like $180 with all the fees, cheapest I could find that was at least decent. I'll say this, super close to the stadium ~ 5 minutes ~ and the room was clean-ish. Def in need of some upgrades, and the TV didn't get any games Friday night, but otherwise I was just looking for a bed to sleep in after post-game tailgate. Would probably stay again, but wouldn't bring my wife there, I'd say that.

Reaction Score
There's an idea. A hotel attached to The Rent like the Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel. Tinted windows, of course.

1667925783475.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The American Legion East Hartford team was great.. back in the 80s. East Hartford was a great sports town in the 70s and 80s.
That where East Catholic got all their ballplayers back then.

Reaction Score
There's an idea. A hotel attached to The Rent like the Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel. Tinted windows, of course.

View attachment 80466
That’s where we all stayed for the International Bowl. Great spot. And Toronto was a surprisingly great city for a bowl game in January. Winter wonderland.
1668077718244.jpeg

Attachments

• 514A1B6E-2B49-4318-B32F-F6B6E981E447.jpeg
    514A1B6E-2B49-4318-B32F-F6B6E981E447.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 67

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members