decent article on conference realignment | The Boneyard

decent article on conference realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...n-leaping-into-the-acc-but-all-hope-isnt-lost

It was a decent quick read. I think the point it brings up that's important is that the ACC and B12 are basically duking it out. I can't see any way that the B12 is going to stay at 10 and forgo a championship game for too long. They'll look to add either west to BYU or Boise State (which i consider such a long shot it's barely worth putting them on the list) or east to UofL/Cinci or go for a big fish like FSU/Clemson. Either way the ACC will be losing at least one team, likely two, and that's not including the possibility of the B1G stepping up to the plate again, or the SEC going after VTech or a NC team. We'll be moving, the bigger question is what shape the ACC will be in if we go there.

Reaction Score
Actually everything I hear from the B12, other than WVU fans who are on an island, tells me that they feel the 10 team conference is a blessing in disguise. Less teams to split the pie with and everyone gets to play each other. Also don't have to worry about a NC contender getting knocked off in the conference championship.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom