December 19: A Graduate In The Game | The Boneyard

December 19: A Graduate In The Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On, off court, Samuelson is A-plus

"Last Friday, she attended her last class at UConn. When she finishes her final exam in sociology this coming Saturday, she’ll have completed the requirements for her bachelor’s degree with a major in human development and family studies. "

Wonder if she'll take a class or two or :) just concentrate on basketball! I suspect taking some academics is an NCAA requirement.

Of course! Answer in the article:

"Samuelson will be taking online courses in the spring to maintain her eligibility. But the days of waking up for 8 a.m. classes are done and left to her teammates and classmates.

“I’m not going to feel bad about that at all,” Samuelson said with a smile. “I had to do my share and now it’s their turn.”

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

"Last Friday, she attended her last class at UConn. When she finishes her final exam in sociology this coming Saturday, she’ll have completed the requirements for her bachelor’s degree with a major in human development and family studies. "

Wonder if she'll take a class or two or :) just concentrate on basketball! I suspect taking some academics is an NCAA requirement.

"Samuelson will be taking online courses in the spring to maintain her eligibility. But the days of waking up for 8 a.m. classes are done and left to her teammates and classmates.

“I’m not going to feel bad about that at all,” Samuelson said with a smile. “I had to do my share and now it’s their turn.”

Could be working on a double major or a minor.

I wonder if the ncaa closed the Matt Leinart loopholed where he legit took only 1 class during football season (ball roll dancing) cause it was the only class he needed to graduate.

Reaction Score

Thanks Rocky: Fans all too often forget these kids are students. This young lady is an achiever; a trait that will take her as far as she determines she wants to go. Rocky Thanks.

Reaction Score
Could be working on a double major or a minor.

I wonder if the ncaa closed the Matt Leinart loopholed where he legit took only 1 class during football season (ball roll dancing) cause it was the only class he needed to graduate.
Or...based on how she played last game, maybe she'll focus on "double doubles"... along with those online classes.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
When she and Pheesa showed up on campus as freshmen, I was excited about their prospects and expected each to be a star. I was partial to Pheesa then. I became enamored of her going back to her junior year in HS. I saw her and her coach in an extended interview (I guess on TV) after they had won the state championship. I was knocked off my chair with how poised and articulate she was.

And I was happy to have Lou, but I wasn't quite sold on her yet as a player to really, really like (I was the same re Stewie, at first). But this young woman has really grown on me. I hold her in the highest esteem and love watching her play. It seems clear to me that she is the best all-around player in the game today and should be NPOY.

Having said all this, I don't love Pheesa any less. She is wonderful beyond words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom