DeBerry Makes SportsCenter Top 10 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Makes SportsCenter Top 10

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yesterday, a prophetic poster mentioned that in the post-game thread that THAT play should be featured on ESPN's highlights of the day. That play was not a play that was practiced or anticipated. Both players were on the same page and made it look smooth and easy. Bettencourt made the play as she saw Amari's predicament and moved toward the basket to give Amari an option. Not much else Amari could do sitting on the floor with her back to the basket. What a play!!! :D

In baseball, they call that a "bang-bang" play. Amari is a very good passer from the high post. I expect her to get improve her fg % form there the more she plays. I was also impressed with her willingness to take the "open" threes that she took. She'll have lots of similar opportunities in the future, as teams will give her that shot from the high post.................until she proves she can make them consistently, ala Stef Dolson. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yesterday, a prophetic poster mentioned that in the post-game thread that THAT play should be featured on ESPN's highlights of the day. That play was not a play that was practiced or anticipated. Both players were on the same page and made it look easy. Bettencourt made the play as she moved toward the basket to give Amari an option. Not much else Amari could do sitting on the floor with her back to the basket. What a play!!! :D In baseball, they call that a "bang-bang" play.
I'll give extra credit to INES for showing that she has truly mastered Geno's motion offense. = READ AND REACT!
l'll call INES: " move without the ball Bettencourt."! Also, I suggest that last night's play be added to INES' highlight.
reel for this " unreal" season. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Deservedly so, AMARI is getting some recognition for being on the team and for her hard work that she puts in whenever she has a chance. I believe she has a great future with the Huskies in the next 3 years. Patience is a virtue, so be patient and AMARI will surprise all of us. Some take a little longer to show their potential. GO AMARI!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I mentioned this somewhere else, but just watch how quickly Amari is back on her feet in this clip. The ball isn't even through the net and she's ready to run down the court. I think that's pretty impressive for a lanky big.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, a prophetic poster mentioned that in the post-game thread that THAT play should be featured on ESPN's highlights of the day.
#24 In The KMBA thread. ;)
After watching the routine NBA dunks and a open net hockey goal it's my opinion she should have gotten #1. This was a profound awareness of where she, her teammate and the defense was at the time.

Reaction Score
I'll give extra credit to INES for showing that she has truly mastered Geno's motion offense. = READ AND REACT!
l'll call INES: " move without the ball Bettencourt."! Also, I suggest that last night's play be added to INES' highlight.
reel for this " unreal" season. Go Huskies!
So true. It was a heads up play by both players. Amari for not moving her legs/feet to prevent the travel call & for Ines to see that she was over played and to hit that back door cut. Beautiful basketball right there.

Reaction Score
Only number 6 on Sportscenter??? :cool:
Only number 6?
Do The Right Thing Reaction GIF by Bounce

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Well it is ESPN and the player was from UConn, so I'm surprised that it got that high.
Only number 6?
Do The Right Thing Reaction GIF by Bounce
Seriously though? How often do you see someone make a perfect pass from the seat of their pants? What were the top 5 plays ahead of Amari’s pass to Ines? Probably some 6’10” NBA players dunking……..Boring………

Reaction Score
ESPY-worthy especially when it was executed by the two players with the fewest minutes on the team. Did anyone notice that Amari fell backward because she stepped on an opponent’s foot but did not roll her ankle? Does this play put an end to so called curse?

Reaction Score
ESPY-worthy especially when it was executed by the two players with the fewest minutes on the team. Did anyone notice that Amari fell backward because she stepped on an opponent’s foot but did not roll her ankle? Does this play put an end to so called curse?
I played the sequence in slow motion and yes, it did look like she stepped on another player's foot. Also, she was in the paint at the other end of the court for the inbounds pass and then ran backwards for the length of the court before the other player got in her way and she fell. Overall, it is an incredible sequence. Also of note, I don't remember Amari ever appearing in the post game press conference with Geno. So, he certainly rates her performance as a big improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom