Death Storm-- Pull Out The Snow Blower | The Boneyard

Death Storm-- Pull Out The Snow Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weather Channel is sending a live crew to Hartford...good or bad???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Gonna be gone by tomorrow. Keep the blower in storage.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Already 3" in No. Jersey.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
State will get a lot of snow and a lot of power outages.

Suzy, get your town leader to start complaining now so you are on the top of the list for outage recovery.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
76 in Tampa today

I lived in CT for 20 years. Don't miss the crappy weather from now till April

Nice. I don't think we're topping 70 today in Pensacola. I counted the clouds on one finger. Wind is tough today. Went for a nice Saturday morning run, had the tail wind on the way out which meant the run home was straight in to the wind. Blew my recycle bin over too so I had that for a cool down stretch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
76 in Tampa today

I lived in CT for 20 years. Don't miss the crappy weather from now till April

And as a side note, the next four months are my favorite months for golfing. Sups can shave the greens lightning quick without worrying about burning them up, the rough doesn't grow too thick and it's perfect weather for slacks, mock tutle neck and a collared shirt. No sweating and no chills.

Reaction Score
State will get a lot of snow and a lot of power outages.

Suzy, get your town leader to start complaining now so you are on the top of the list for outage recovery.
Ha!! We learned our lesson , we bought some insurance in the form of a generator. We'll never lose power again. ;^)

Reaction Score
Lost power here, and the UI company restored it in less than 2 hours. After 8 days (Irene) I handled this as an expert, no panic ready with the flashlights and ready to easily handle a least 24 hours.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
And as a side note, the next four months are my favorite months for golfing. Sups can shave the greens lightning quick without worrying about burning them up, the rough doesn't grow too thick and it's perfect weather for slacks, mock tutle neck and a collared shirt. No sweating and no chills.

Usually. I recall going out to Tiger something or other just east of P'cola and freezing my butt off in 44 degrees and 30 knot wind. Couldnt putt on shaved greens cause the ball wouldn't stay still!!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Ha!! We learned our lesson , we bought some insurance in the form of a generator. We'll never lose power again. ;^)
Natural gas powered generator?

Reaction Score
I should have bought one.

We lost power about an hour ago. Trees are going down all over the place. I live on oak street and it sounds like a war zone outside. It is not safe out there. Things are cracking and banging all over.

Reaction Score
Not even Halloween yet. Maybe we should return those rocks to the moon! Must be lovely in Zucatti Park this evening. Sure hope I don't receive an invitation for dinner there, or any where.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For those of you who live in warm places and are rubbing it in, I will make sure to return the favor on Gameday against Cuse in Gampel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Usually. I recall going out to Tiger something or other just east of P'cola and freezing my butt off in 44 degrees and 30 knot wind. Couldnt putt on shaved greens cause the ball wouldn't stay still!!

Tiger Point is in Gulf Breeze, just east of Pensacola. It used to be a 36 hole course (east/west), now it's just the east course. It was in good shape when I played it during the summer, but I haven't played in 3-4 months. It can be a real beyatch of a course for folks unfamiliar with it as there's lots of water to frame the holes and usually a decent wind off the bay. Add in greens that have lots of undulation and you have a good, tough, fair course.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I should have bought one.

We lost power about an hour ago. Trees are going down all over the place. I live on oak street and it sounds like a war zone outside. It is not safe out there. Things are cracking and banging all over.

Same for me....just like the hurricane, but cold. Roads blocked on Minnechaug Mountain in Glastonbury, wires down all over, a real mess. And I did not get a generator.....so we moved to my sister-in-laws house or no Boneyard for me.

Reaction Score
I'm supposed to get another 16 (max) on top of the 5 I have already in upstate ny.....I'm at a high elevation. I cant complain, I love the winter and it'll be gone next week.

Reaction Score
Power gone. Checked in at downtown Marriott. The place sold out! Found out my sister and brother was here too....on the same floor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom