Death Storm Helene | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Death Storm Helene

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Watching Weather Channel, they're talking Cat 3. Mrs Dove flicked to David Muir as he was saying, "Just in. Helen is a Cat 4!!!"

Weather Channel never said that.
Fox Weather just confirmed Cat 4

F-ed up, but if a Cat 4 has to hit, Big Bend is place to do it.
Quick storm and sparsely populated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Watching Weather Channel, they're talking Cat 3. Mrs Dove flicked to David Muir as he was saying, "Just in. Helen is a Cat 4!!!"

Weather Channel never said that.
International Cat Day Cats GIF by MOODMAN

I don't know, a three cat hurricane doesn't seem so intimidating...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Between 12 and 15 inches have fallen where I live in South Asheville since yesterday from a stalled front that’s pulling up moisture from the gulf. We expect an additional 10 - 15 inches as Helene passes west of here. Needless to say grounds are saturated, streams and rivers are reaching levels of overflowing so they could set records in the coming days. Winds will down a lot of trees.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Between 12 and 15 inches have fallen where I live in South Asheville since yesterday from a stalled front that’s pulling up moisture from the gulf. We expect an additional 10 - 15 inches as Helene passes west of here. Needless to say grounds are saturated, steams and rivers are reaching levels of overflowing so they could set records in the coming days. Winds will down a lot of trees.
The Fujiwhara Effect in process. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Almost no rain here in Ft Myers, 50+ gusts and we live on a direct ocean accessible Canal and the water level is just about 10’ above normal. We have a dock, a cement patio above that and then a 12’ retainer wall. It’s about 3rd highest water level including Ian two years ago ( that became a $218,000 dollar insurance claim ) since we moved here 24 years ago. Gotta feel bad for the panhandle because they never get hit where it’s going this time and they have an abundance of overgrown vegetation and easily toppled palms that’s gonna devastate their entire power grid. We lost power for 3 weeks with Irma ( 6 years ago ) thats something I don’t want to ever have to go through ever again.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Okay...we have random 120-gallon propane tanks floating down the street spewing propane into the air. Fun times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom