Death Storm Helene | The Boneyard

Death Storm Helene

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
So, sitting here in Pinellas County Florida. Scholl's were closed yesterday, today and tomorrow.

The sun is out, there is a lovely breeze.

Somewhere "out there" (gestures vaguely toward the Southwest) is the storm. Plodding toward us. We are all hurricane prepped up. Everywhere is closed. Nothing to do but wait.

We are.now being stalked by a turtle.

Reaction Score
petty.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We just went through Helene here in Isla Mujeres, México. Strongest tropical storm and category one hurricane we have experienced, and we have experienced quite a lot. So much rain and wind for what it seemed hours. Definitely one has to take it seriously. Be patient, be safe and go Huskies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm so far west on the Panhandle it'll be nothing but cloudy skies and a light breeze. We aren't getting rain.
All the schools are closed and many of the schools' parking lots are filled with bucket trucks and linemen waiting to head east after it passes through.
I know a bunch of people with kids at schools in Tallahassee. They all left for home yesterday. Classes today and tomorrow are canceled.
Crazy thing is Georgia, NC, and Eastern Tennessee may get the worst of this system

Reaction Score
I'm so far west on the Panhandle it'll be nothing but cloudy skies and a light breeze. We aren't getting rain.
All the schools are closed and many of the schools' parking lots are filled with bucket trucks and linemen waiting to head east after it passes through.
I know a bunch of people with kids at schools in Tallahassee. They all left for home yesterday. Classes today and tomorrow are canceled.
Crazy thing is Georgia, NC, and Eastern Tennessee may get the worst of this system

Reaction Score
Orlando area checking in. No rain here since around 11 am, but it's been very windy all day. Supposed to get more rain tonight -- but nothing like the Big Bend is going to get hit with. They're going to get rain plus wind and storm surge. Prayers to all in the path of this storm and stay safe.

20240926_152343.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember visiting that area years ago and I believe it was in St Petersburg
In an information center I read where much of that area we were on did not exist before a 17th or 18th century hurricane.
Just thinking about that kind of power scares the heck out of me . As the ocean gives and takes at its whim.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Central Florida here - Poinciana. A band went thru this morning and gave us a brief burst of rain. Been quiet since then. Sun did come out for a while. Still in a tropical storm warning until 5 AM. Tornado watch until 8 PM.

Temp is 86 and its humid. Winds are gusting up to 27 mph. The worst for us will be overnight. Still expecting around 4 inches or rain with increasing wind speeds up to around 50 mph.

Our CERT team (Community Emergency Response Team) went on activation level 1 yesterday late morning. Normal procedure to see how many members are available should the need arise. We live in a 55+ community.

Been thru a few hurricanes since we moved from CT in 2016. We do our preparations - moving items off the lanai that can be blown away by high winds, making sure we have enough food. We check on our neighbors and their homes if they are snowbirds. Normal course of living in Florida.

The wife started her famous spagetti sauce earlier. Garlic bread and an adult beverage later.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I remember visiting that area years ago and I believe it was in St Petersburg
In an information center I read where much of that area we were on did not exist before a 17th or 18th century hurricane.
Just thinking about that kind of power scares the heck out of me . As the ocean gives and takes at its whim.
When God decides to re-arrange through furniture....

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Watching Weather Channel, they're talking Cat 3. Mrs Dove flicked to David Muir as he was saying, "Just in. Helen is a Cat 4!!!"

Weather Channel never said that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom