Dear Boneyard..... | The Boneyard

Dear Boneyard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got this email this AM:

Dear UCONN Fan,

Our UCONN student-athletes continue to achieve tremendous success, both academically and athletically. The ongoing achievements that we enjoy are only made possible with the assistance and dedication of loyal UCONN donors, season ticket holders and fans like you. Your attendance at athletic events, support of our student-athlete scholarship program and participation in various support organizations are all ways that you contribute to the Husky pride which we share. However, it is important to remember that dedication to UCONN Athletics must include full compliance with the rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and the University of Connecticut. Under NCAA rules, UCONN donors, ticket holders and fans are representatives of the institution. Therefore, the athletics department is responsible for any actions that you may take in violation of these rules.

If you are a donor or season ticket holder, you are considered by the NCAA to be a representative of the institution’s athletics interests. Per NCAA rules, contact with a prospect or his/her parents in person, by telephone, or in writing (letters or email) for the purpose of recruiting the prospect by a representative of athletics interests constitutes a violation for the institution. In addition, contact with a prospect’s counselor, principal or coach in order to evaluate a prospect or solicit his or her enrollment is also a violation. ONLY UCONN COACHES AND ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT STAFF MEMBERS MAY RECRUIT STUDENT-ATHLETES ON BEHALF OF THE INSTITUTION.

The University of Connecticut greatly appreciates the support generated by our faithful Husky fans. Thank you for working to keep UCONN’s athletics programs number one in every area. We are here to assist with any questions, so please do not hesitate to contact our Compliance Office directly with any questions.

We appreciate your cooperation and your continuing commitment to our student-athletes. Go Huskies!

Marielle A. vanGelder
Associate Director of Athletics/NCAA Rules Education & Compliance Services

Reaction Score
Given the recent events I think this is obviously directed at us. I actually hope it is because at least someone is paying attention. I'd be for a boneyard policy prohibiting engaging with parents during the recruiting process. There's too much to lose and you know damn well we're under a microscope already.

Reaction Score
How about a question during the registration process that asks whether the user is related to a potential NCAA recruit? Upon selection of that item, the NCAA contact policy is presented. Allow the user to still sign up, but now there is documentation that there is a recruits family member reading the board.

What is to stop an individual from pimping their kid, but not telling someone that they are related? The entire process is mashugana and appears to be written when social media isnt as prevelent as it is today.

Reaction Score
The first thing one must do in terms of creating a culture of compliance for an organization is to design clear policies and hen communicate those, as needed. The staf should have doen this a decade ago - then again, their compliance program was not the best run in the country. This message is simply the staff doing what it should be - making sure folks know the rules. Maybe this is a sign the compliance staff is getting some cred in the new administration

Reaction Score
Twitter is a problem. Basically every fan base in the country has fans communicating with kids of twitter. What's the NCAA going to do about since I could make a small donation ti SU or buy a season ticket then go on to commit violations by contacting that kid acting as a rep of SU for the purpose of getting SU into hot water? Think Alabama or auburn fans would something like that?

Reaction Score
The first thing one must do in terms of creating a culture of compliance for an organization is to design clear policies and hen communicate those, as needed. The staf should have doen this a decade ago - then again, their compliance program was not the best run in the country. This message is simply the staff doing what it should be - making sure folks know the rules. Maybe this is a sign the compliance staff is getting some cred in the new administration

Not sure it's a result of anything "recent" - I've gotten this type of emails before this year... they also send stuff like this out annually to UConn Club members (season txt holders).

2012 Letter

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this one time i was at band camp at uconn. most fun time of my life. anyway i saw 2 fields over a bunch of kids that looked my age throwing a ball. turned out to be a brown football. cool thing. i went over there and asked each of them for there names, phone numbers, emails, home adresses and there mothers bank acounts router numbers. i have been in daily contact with each ever since. i put $100 into each kids account for every hs td he scores in the fall and i send them uconn t shirts once a month.

Reaction Score
this one time i was at band camp at uconn. most fun time of my life. anyway i saw 2 fields over a bunch of kids that looked my age throwing a ball. turned out to be a brown football. cool thing. i went over there and asked each of them for there names, phone numbers, emails, home adresses and there mothers bank acounts router numbers. i have been in daily contact with each ever since. i put $100 into each kids account for every hs td he scores in the fall and i send them uconn t shirts once a month.

What instrument do you play?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He said play not suck on!

clearly my dirty mind imagined and misread the question. i suck on penis and i also play a instrument at band camp that looks like a penis.

Reaction Score
clearly my dirty mind imagined and misread the question. i suck on penis and i also play a instrument at band camp that looks like a penis.

all-state-skin-flute-performer-thumb.jpg

Reaction Score
Twitter is a problem. Basically every fan base in the country has fans communicating with kids of twitter. What's the NCAA going to do about since I could make a small donation ti SU or buy a season ticket then go on to commit violations by contacting that kid acting as a rep of SU for the purpose of getting SU into hot water? Think Alabama or auburn fans would something like that?

I can't believe no one has thought of this before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom