DeAndre was a way bigger loss than I thought | The Boneyard

DeAndre was a way bigger loss than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We all knew that losing Shabazz was going to be huge, but not having DeAndre this year has really, really hurt. The pick and pop play with him last year was deadly, and it spaced the rest of the offense. Teams were really limited in how they defended ball screens.

Facey and Brimah scare no one from the perimeter and for whatever reason Hamilton is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble than off the catch at this point. Teams are blitzing Boatright when UConn uses a screen, something they couldn't really do last year because of DeAndre.

Reaction Score
We all knew that losing Shabazz was going to be huge, but not having DeAndre this year has really, really hurt. The pick and pop play with him last year was deadly, and it spaced the rest of the offense. Teams were really limited in how they defended ball screens.

Facey and Brimah scare no one from the perimeter and for whatever reason Hamilton is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble than off the catch at this point. Teams are blitzing Boatright when UConn uses a screen, something they couldn't really do last year because of DeAndre.
I really wish they would run the pick and pop with Facey and just see what happens. He has a good shooting stroke.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really wish they would run the pick and pop with Facey and just see what happens. He has a good shooting stroke.
would rather with hamilton, but wouldn't mind facey if hamilton is not in... it's has a lot more to do with repetitions and the knowing what to do instead of skill set... daniels didnt flourish until is jr year

Reaction Score
would rather with hamilton, but wouldn't mind facey if hamilton is not in... it's has a lot more to do with repetitions and the knowing what to do instead of skill set... daniels didnt flourish until is jr year
Hamilton would be good too, but I'm not worried about him. He'll be an All America level player next year. I really think Facey has the ability to be a very good player too, but just needs more confidence and, like you said, repetitions. I would like to see him shoot some 3's, and from the foul line when teams go zone against us. He made a post move last night to get a short jump hook that was better than any move Amida or Phil can make. He missed the shot long, but with more reps he will make that, he has decent touch on his shot. I figure the worst that can happen is he misses the shots and we lose games, which is happening anyway.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hard not to imagine what this year would have been like if DD had stayed and we'd landed Josh Perkins.

Oh well. It's a long trip back up the mountain, but I've no doubt we'll eventually get to the top again.

Reaction Score
husky99 said:
I was never huge on DD. Was I wrong

Can't blame you. He wasn't very good until the last dozen games of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom