DeAndre needs to Meet/Hire Amile Jefferson's Strength Trainer ASAP | The Boneyard

DeAndre needs to Meet/Hire Amile Jefferson's Strength Trainer ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
dukechronicle.com/articles/2013/05/31/amile-jefferson-puts-weight-help-fill-duke-basketballs-void-post

We were recruiting Amile a couple years back, but one of his knocks were that he looked like a pencil at 6'8" 195. Well he ended up at Duke and his lack of size showed as a freshman. Dudes gone to work this offseason. He's up to 215 and is trying to get to 220 by the start of the season. I know DeAndre is bulking up too this offseason (last I heard he was around 205), but DAMN! He needs to contact Jefferson's trainer!

Reaction Score
Well, Baconators work for me.

images

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Everyone is different. When I was playing HS and college football, I did everything possible to gain weight but my body just wouldn't allow it. I got stronger, but I weighed around 180 no matter what I ate or how I exercised/lifted.

Of course, after I stopped playing and my activity level decreased, the weight started piling on. I gained 20 pounds very quickly.

If DD is lifting and eating right, he'll be much stronger this year, no matter his weight.

Reaction Score
Rip did ok with a slight frame. So did Rudy.

But Rip and Rudy weren't banging down low. We need DeAndre to do that for us this season if we wanna go anywhere.

Reaction Score
But Rip and Rudy weren't banging down low. We need DeAndre to do that for us this season if we wanna go anywhere.

False. We need DD to be able to rebound and finish around the rim.

I don't think you'll see him doing much attacking or defending in post-up situations. There aren't many college 4's that do.

Reaction Score

I don't think you'll see him doing much attacking or defending in post-up situations. There aren't many college 4's that do.

I think he will be posting up. So its True in my mind. But we shall see.

Reaction Score

After seeing the Baconator, I misread the post as "Weed" instead of "We need". Glad it's a Friday ....

Reaction Score
DeAndre posted up last year and started to show a nice turnaround j from the post. Not every post up opportunity means backing your defender under the rim or up and unders/dropsteps, there are other ways to be effective from there.

Reaction Score
What Ace said - KD is an assassin in the post and he's a rail. Granted, extra weight would certainly be beneficial to DD, but if he plays like he did at the end of last season we'll be more than fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom