DD's is now just D

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Dunkin Donuts is a travesty. They used to be great, now eveything is just thawed out and flavorless. Krispy Kreme, Shipley Do-Nuts, Sweetwater Donut Mill, Honeydew Doughnuts, and Mister Doughnut (which now I think is only in Japan, there used to be some around CT) are all vastly superior.

Dunkin Donuts is a travesty. They used to be great, now eveything is just thawed out and flavorless. Krispy Kreme, Shipley Do-Nuts, Sweetwater Donut Mill, Honeydew Doughnuts, and Mister Doughnut (which now I think is only in Japan, there used to be some around CT) are all vastly superior.
I never got the hype with Krispy Kreme. I tried them once and found them blah. Probably answers the question, "what happened to all the Krispy Kreme shops in CT?".

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
They changed it to just Dunkin' to take the focus off the donuts since they will now begin to offer fresh "healthier" a la carte options similar to what you'd see in a the starbucks cold display. The donuts will still be around of course.
Taking the focus off their lousy donuts is a good move.

UConnNick

winchell's. absolutely the finest vanilla or chocolate covered french donut on the planet, and the king of the king donut-the plain, or 'old fashioned.' doughnut inn's ' (metro Bridgeport) 'glorious morning' is a muffin, so that doesn't count.
We used to love Winchell's but they're long gone from our market. I think it's a California based chain. It was our only go to donut place for quite a while.

UConnNick

Shipley's donuts are awful, but their jalapeno, cheese and sausage kolaches are OK.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is weak. If you like your coffee with cream and 4 sugars? Perfect. If you brew freshly ground Sumatra through a Chemex? You can't drink DD.

For the post about DD's iced tea? I watched them refill the the machine out of a plastic bag last month. Buy some cold brew tea bags and make a pitcher in your own fridge. Live a little.

Dunkin Donuts bagels aren't bagels. They're hard rolls. I don't mind them and they taste okay....but they're not bagels.

Don't sleep on Mrs Murphy's Donuts in Southwick, MA. You have one of those and you'll never look at a Dunkin Donut again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Dunkin Donuts coffee is weak. If you like your coffee with cream and 4 sugars? Perfect. If you brew freshly ground Sumatra through a Chemex? You can't drink DD.

For the post about DD's iced tea? I watched them refill the the machine out of a plastic bag last month. Buy some cold brew tea bags and make a pitcher in your own fridge. Live a little.

Dunkin Donuts bagels aren't bagels. They're hard rolls. I don't mind them and they taste okay....but they're not bagels.

Don't sleep on Mrs Murphy's Donuts in Southwick, MA. You have one of those and you'll never look at a Dunkin Donut again.
yeah nothing says living like buying tea bags and making iced tea. it feels the same as the beach scene in shawshank. they have good iced tea - what the hell do i care how it gets that way.

The best doughnuts I’ve had ... in a few years was purchased in the coffee shop in the front space of the Goodwin Hotel in Hartford. The day after Thanksgiving. Just extraordinary taste and chewy.

And a whole bunch of posts & no Tim Hortons comments

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Coffee is coffee. It's not like it's bourbon or beer. People drink coffee for caffeine. If they don't like the taste of coffee they put cream and/or sugar in it. People never put cream and/or sugar in bourbon or beer. There's no need to.
This is so wrong. Seems you've never had a good cup of coffee.

Brewers put all sorts of crap in beer these days. And most people I know don't drink their bourbon straight, they make cocktails.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
I'm way behind on this apparently because I thought it was a joke, but who else is outraged that Dunkin' Donuts is now just Dunkin'?
Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't matter, it'll always be Dunkin' Donuts to me. Same with Burlington Coat Factory (instead of plain "Burlington" as they supposedly call themselves now.)