DD's is now just D

i honestly love dunkin' donuts. i love the crappy coffee and i love the crappy donuts. i never really mess with the savory food, and i don't do flavored/sweet coffee at all, but i get why people like both.

they can do whatever they want with the name, but i hope they don't start changing the signs. integral part of the new england landscape. i'm being completely serious.

UConn Dan

Not voldemort; I lurk & I like
They changed it to just Dunkin' to take the focus off the donuts since they will now begin to offer fresh "healthier" a la carte options similar to what you'd see in a the starbucks cold display. The donuts will still be around of course.

Secretly good at the D: split, toasted and buttered corn muffin. You can almost feel your arteries clogging up as you consume the mound of butter they slather on.

John

Mr. Meme
Bess Eaton made way better donuts than Dunkin. They were light. Dunkin's are like eating lead bricks that sink to the bottom of your stomach like depth charges. They do make good coffee and breakfast sandwiches, though.
the coffee is like dirty dishwater, no taste and weak.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
They got rid of the donuts because they only need one name for people to know what they and it saves them money in the long run

RichZ

Whistling through the graveyard
My wife and I were just telling my Grandson today about how good Heavenly’s glazed Crullers were. We also were wondering if they still have Sunday Cruise night. As he likes cars. I’ve been gone 12 years so I suspect even the Valley has changed a bit.
Heavenly still has the cruise night -- April through October, Starts at 4pm every Sunday, weather permitting.
RE: Changes in the Valley. Main St Derby. Everything on the south side of the street from Bridge St to Factory St has been razed. Eventually, the road will be widened.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
The bagels used to be much larger and softer. Now they are not. Whatever they use for sausage is inedible.

I still get a sausage sandwich on a bagel a couple times a month.
That made me actually laugh aloud.

I don't know what it is about the place, I say to myself every single time that the food sucks (I like the coffee) but I end up getting a breakfast sandwich at least a couple times a month as well.

the coffee is like dirty dishwater, no taste and weak.
Coffee is coffee. It's not like it's bourbon or beer. People drink coffee for caffeine. If they don't like the taste of coffee they put cream and/or sugar in it. People never put cream and/or sugar in bourbon or beer. There's no need to.

John

Mr. Meme
Coffee is coffee. It's not like it's bourbon or beer. People drink coffee for caffeine. If they don't like the taste of coffee they put cream and/or sugar in it. People never put cream and/or sugar in bourbon or beer. There's no need to.
You must like that Ripple or Thunderbird bourbon.

Bess Eaton made way better donuts than Dunkin.
Nah, back in the day when they competed each Dunkin shop made their own donuts and they were fresh. Bess Eaton had delivered donuts that were a day old by the time they hit the shelf. But I can understand your nostalgia. I used to like Howdy Burger. And it was especially good when the burgers had been sitting in the bin for a while.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
That made me actually laugh aloud.

I don't know what it is about the place, I say to myself every single time that the food sucks (I like the coffee) but I end up getting a breakfast sandwich at least a couple times a month as well.
The only food they ever had that didn’t suck was the grilled cheese.

Whatever the sauce was on the turkey sandwich was good - but what a travesty the rest was.

The unsweetened iced tea is actually their best product.

winchell's. absolutely the finest vanilla or chocolate covered french donut on the planet, and the king of the king donut-the plain, or 'old fashioned.' doughnut inn's ' (metro Bridgeport) 'glorious morning' is a muffin, so that doesn't count.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
The only food they ever had that didn’t suck was the grilled cheese.

Whatever the sauce was on the turkey sandwich was good - but what a travesty the rest was.

The unsweetened iced tea is actually their best product.
For a quick bite, I get the english muffin with egg, cheese, and sausage. Combined that with the coffee and it fairly well burns the entirety of my mouth for the next few days, but I just can't quit em.