DD is learning what he's capable of | The Boneyard

DD is learning what he's capable of

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he's learning how to fight down low which is only going to help him in the future and he's starting to stick his jumper

I think he just may become our next great wing, his emergence is going to go hand in hand with our return to the national spotlight next year

and OC is looking like he has some stud potential too

can't wait

Reaction Score
Yes, both should be major cogs next year, especially if Napier bolts. Hopefully Napier stays and with Brimah being a factor down low UConn could be in for a 30 win season.

Reaction Score
The only thing I don't like about DD's game is that he consistently gets his shot blocked down low. Seems imposssible that this continues to happen to an athletic 6'8" kid but probably he hasn't developed the offensive moves needed to avoid the block and draw the foul. He has played hard, out of his natural position, against some much bigger and stronger players and I love him for that. He's been very productive for us very consistently so I can't fault him beyond that observation above. All the players on this team are playing with heart and digging deep to get the wins. It's great to witness the success this team is having after the position they were left in by the NCAA and players leaving, JC retiring, etc.

Reaction Score
The only thing I don't like about DD's game is that he consistently gets his shot blocked down low. Seems imposssible that this continues to happen to an athletic 6'8" kid but probably he hasn't developed the offensive moves needed to avoid the block and draw the foul. He has played hard, out of his natural position, against some much bigger and stronger players and I love him for that. He's been very productive for us very consistently so I can't fault him beyond that observation above. All the players on this team are playing with heart and digging deep to get the wins. It's great to witness the success this team is having after the position they were left in by the NCAA and players leaving, JC retiring, etc.

He doesn't play against shot blockers in practice. That makes a difference.

Reaction Score
he's learning how to fight down low which is only going to help him in the future and he's starting to stick his jumper

I think he just may become our next great wing, his emergence is going to go hand in hand with our return to the national spotlight next year

and OC is looking like he has some stud potential too

can't wait
He is playing much better. DD is definitley a wing but the experience he is getting this year at PF will only help his rebounding next year. Conditioning is going to be more important than ever this off season especially for Nolan and the incoming freshman. We won't have to outrebound a team to win but we do have to somehow close the rebounding gap. If we can do that we'll be fine next year even if Shabazz jumps to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Daniels gets his shot blocked because he isn't a great leaper. is there a thread discussing him unleashing his hs defense instincts? Guy has great length, he's put his motor on old roscoes level if not more.
I think we need to find him even more, maybe a small on big pnr, Daniels and Calhoun have both shown nice floater capability. Anyway the Daniels Napier pick and pop should be unstoppable.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
DD is certainly one of the players whose game took a nice leap this year. He's also done a decent job of improving his handle and not just hoisting 3s. DD is a role player this year who can continue to blossom into something more than that for next year. He isn't super quick, but he's learning to utilize his length and can get around and over most defenders with a few long strides. As others have obviously said, he needs to improve his strength and finishing underneath, but I like his aggresiveness to put it on the floor which has opened up his 3 point game (letting it come to him).

I'm very excited with how much the team has improved, with an exception of Olander. Most notably, Shabazz has obviously picked his game up. Giffey is another who has improved from last year, especially defensively (although not a great game yesterday).
Omar has gotten more comfortable in the offense as the year has progressed as well and learned how to hone his game to be effective. All of the kids seem to be responding to the coaching and its a very promising sign from the coaching staff going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom