DC-UConn Football Coach Diaco Would Have Done Things Differently At End Vs. Missouri | The Boneyard

DC-UConn Football Coach Diaco Would Have Done Things Differently At End Vs. Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other comments from those covering the Tuesday press conference:

desmondconner12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "didn't do a good enough job coaching to execute what needed to be done to win the game"

dcsportsdept12:22pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on fake FG to end Mizzou game: "Looking back, too much time elapsed between 3rd down and kick opportunity"

NeillOstrout12:23pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on Mizzou end: “I’m getting a do-over and the question is would I do the same thing again? Absolutely not!

NHRJimFuller12:23pm via TweetDeck
If he had to do it again, #UConn HC Bob Diaco would run the offense back out there and call the play

peatonrobb12:24pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says in hindsight, he would have run an offensive play, rather than a fake FG at the end of the #Missourigame. #UConn

Reaction Score
Learning on the job. Admits as much, with those quotes. I'm okay with it if he is in fact learning and doesn't repeat it in similar situation.

I almost wish he didn't say,those things and simply said were onto Navy in Belichek fashion.

Reaction Score
Learning on the job. Admits as much, with those quotes. I'm okay with it if he is in fact learning and doesn't repeat it in similar situation.

I almost wish he didn't say,those things and simply said were onto Navy in Belichek fashion.

Exactly. Can't learn from your mistakes if you can't even admit you made them.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I was one that didn't have too much of an issue with not kicking it. Would rather have seen us line up a regular play, but we can't get the elevation to hit an EP, nonetheless a 42 yarder.

Reaction Score
I was one that didn't have too much of an issue with not kicking it. Would rather have seen us line up a regular play, but we can't get the elevation to hit an EP, nonetheless a 42 yarder.
Yeah, the right play, given the win the game now philosophy BD was going for, would be to line up the offense and chuck it into the end zone.

Reaction Score

Best of both worlds;)

desmondconner12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "We've moved on and are exited to play again and compete. Navy week. Navy is a great team...this is best Navy team I've seen"

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Other comments from those covering the Tuesday press conference:

desmondconner12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "didn't do a good enough job coaching to execute what needed to be done to win the game"

dcsportsdept12:22pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on fake FG to end Mizzou game: "Looking back, too much time elapsed between 3rd down and kick opportunity"

NeillOstrout12:23pm via Twitter Web Client
Diaco on Mizzou end: “I’m getting a do-over and the question is would I do the same thing again? Absolutely not!

NHRJimFuller12:23pm via TweetDeck
If he had to do it again, #UConn HC Bob Diaco would run the offense back out there and call the play

peatonrobb12:24pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says in hindsight, he would have run an offensive play, rather than a fake FG at the end of the #Missourigame. #UConn
Damn it.....Was gonna ask him this on Thursday.

Now I need another question.

Reaction Score
What happens in a press conference has to do with learning from mistakes or admitting them.

I think CBD is taking the heat to keep the kids confidence up.

You are correct. At this point EVERYTHING is about gettng ready for Navy. Diaco is smart in not giving any bullitin board material to Navy. Humility and praising his opponents has been working for Diaco. On one hand it shows respect and on the other dosn't tell the opponent what you really think about them.

Having said that, I believe him when he says he would run a play if he could roll back time. Speaking of rolling, it may have been better if Boyle rolled out and had the option to run as well as pass.

Check out this fake field goal OK vs OK State. Holder (Boyle) throws to (Puyol) or runs for the 1st down.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
When Bob commented this summer he isn't trying to reinvent the wheel I wondered if he was reading the Boneyard.... now those first two quotes are pretty speciific responses to a thread.

Enjoy your lurking!
LOL...

Maybe BD is simply answers questions from the press (who do read the Boneyard and social media) a bit more responsively / candidly / crazily than a certain former coach?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL...

Maybe BD is simply answers questions from the press (who do read the Boneyard and social media) a bit more responsively / candidly / crazily than a certain former coach?

Oh I'm kidding... and I didn't hear the questions but I have never seen anyone else accuse him of attempting to reinvent the wheel before he denied it.

Now he boils my entire thread down to one sentence and agrees with both the premise and the conclusion.

It's like he's trying to turn me into CCarl or Nos.

Reaction Score
Talk about manning up. I'm liking Coach more and more every week.

Just imagine Coach Pasqualoni's response if a similar even occurred while he was the coach. Everyone but DeLeone would have been thrown under the bus.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Best answer he's ever had to any question.

Reaction Score
Good on him. If you are going to preach family, accountability, and the like, it is imperative that you hold yourself accountable as well when things go awry. Also, for what it is worth, it speaks volumes that he can learn from a mistake.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Coach coached a HELLUVA game for 59 minutes. We've all beaten the final minute to death in the last few days but it is certainly refreshing to hear a coach admit a mistake and tell a fanbase that he would've done it differently if he had a mulligan.

We're all learning how to win again together - players, coaches, and fans. Hot damn it feels good to look forward to games again! On to Navy.

Reaction Score
Good on him. If you are going to preach family, accountability, and the like, it is imperative that you hold yourself accountable as well when things go awry. Also, for what it is worth, it speaks volumes that he can learn from a mistake.

I am liking his response more and more!!!!! It's on me!!!! Yes.....

If and when he brings us into the B1G, let it be known he's crazy- expect the unexpected....If he is gonna be anybody's crazy, let him be our crazy-expect the unexpected from the offense and a killer defense....
Now it's time- Sink NAVY...............

Reaction Score
If Boyle has more time to set and throw that may have been six. Who missed the block at the line?,is it the same person on all of the blocks?

Reaction Score
The empty set was working. They would have gotten the 4 yards. Actually they should have called two plays on third and rushed to the line on fourth to catch them by surprise.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm kidding... and I didn't hear the questions but I have never seen anyone else accuse him of attempting to reinvent the wheel before he denied it.

Now he boils my entire thread down to one sentence and agrees with both the premise and the conclusion.

It's like he's trying to turn me into CCarl or Nos.
6a0e0fb63f3b8c1a384f404480a426aa.jpg

In your dreams Whaler11

C

Chief00

I agree, it's healthy he is not doubling down on a stupid play call and admits he
had a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate