DC UConn fans? | The Boneyard

DC UConn fans?

Reaction Score
Just moved to DC area and wondering what our fan base is like here. Is there a UConn bar in these parts? Would love to watch the game tonight with fellow Huskies. Will also be at the Georgetown game later this month!

Reaction Score
I‘m DC. Not really many UConn bars. There used to be a couple in Arlington, but no longer. I have alternate plans tonight made before I realized there was a Friday, 7PM game, but I will be looking over her shoulder at the score. Haven’t bought tickets for the February 27 game, Tom Segura also in DC that day, so it will be a full day’s entertainment. Prices for tickets for almost all events drop significantly on event day when purchasing on the secondary market.

Reaction Score
I’m also in DC (well, technically Arlington, but I’m of course in DC itself multiple times a week) and unfortunately don’t see too much except for the occasional UConn apparel, which always brings a smile to my face and makes my day.

There is a Colony in Clarendon, which shocked me, but I have no idea if they even brandish their links to Connecticut, let alone show any love to UConn.

Reaction Score
The ticket prices now for the Georgetown game are exorbitant. Assume it is our fan base as the tickets to the DePaul vs Georgetown game are super cheap

Reaction Score
I'm flying in and heading with my DC based daughter ....adult. Early game but would meet up fellow yarders b4 or after.

Also, flying in tomorrow and heading to MSG for Red Stain...doing the combing biz and pleasure..aka work pays flights both trips. Who's MSG bound? Dempsey's or Van Diemans?????

Reaction Score
Just moved to DC area and wondering what our fan base is like here. Is there a UConn bar in these parts? Would love to watch the game tonight with fellow Huskies. Will also be at the Georgetown game later this month!
Folks usually go to Clyde’s adjacent to capital one center when games are there. A lot of dc uconn fans.

Reaction Score
Check in with Sen Bloomers or Murphy, maybe they are still fans.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
A few of my buddies and I will be meeting in DC for gtown game this year. Any suggestions for pre/post game bars with friendly faces?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A few of my buddies and I will be meeting in DC for gtown game this year. Any suggestions for pre/post game bars with friendly faces?
Clyde’s is always a good choice. It’s connected to the arena and have really good food and drinks. Definitely want to reserve beforehand though because it gets packed. You’ll probably see other people there for the game too.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Clyde’s is always a good choice. It’s connected to the arena and have really good food and drinks. Definitely want to reserve beforehand though because it gets packed. You’ll probably see other people there for the game too.
Thanks! Been a few years since I’ve been down to DC so the help is appreciated. Do you know if they open up early on game days? Website shows them opening at 11:30…

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Thanks! Been a few years since I’ve been down to DC so the help is appreciated. Do you know if they open up early on game days? Website shows them opening at 11:30…
I want to say they do to cater to those wanting to pregame before events at cap one arena? But I would call to ask just in case to make sure.

It used to be packed for Syracuse Georgetown games on saturdays which is why I’m making the assumption.

Reaction Score
I was living in DC from August 2012 until May or June 2014. So I was there for uconns championship. Even at a pretty busy bar in dupont (or maybe it was chinatown) it wasn't too busy for the national championship, didnt see a lot of fans around town

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
As mentioned above, there's a DC alumni facebook group (I'm really off facebook now so not sure how active it is). I live in Capitol Hill and have tried to turn The Roost on 14th and PA Ave into my personal UConn bar. Still working on it, but I can bring my little kids there so it's ideal.

Reaction Score
I bought tickets for the UConn-Gtown game at CapOne on February 4. Section 100. I will be with my younger daughters, so no pre/postgame boozing. However, Clyde’s is probably the best option close by to the arena.

Colony Grill in Arlington has some CT connections, and they have a nice bar area and plenty of TVs. After the holidays, I would be up for catching a game there, if anyone else is interested.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
We will be in 108. Probably try to hit Clydes beforehand unless a different suggestion comes across that makes more sense

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
My son and I will be there Feb. 4. in Section 100. Clyde's opens at 11:00 on Saturday.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
i thought this was going to be a Donovan Clingan thread. dissapoint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom