DC & OL Suggestions/Ideas??? | The Boneyard

DC & OL Suggestions/Ideas???

Reaction Score
I am not sure if this has already been discussed...... What ideas are out there, if we are correct with the belief that DC and OL coach are on bowl game teams.??? Wouldn't it be better to be able to recruit saying so and so will be your position coach or DC........

Lets try to figure out who it can be??

Any ideas?

Reaction Score
Orgeron was with Pete Carroll at USC...any relationship with Mora?

come on, give me some names....

Reaction Score
I don't think you get to hire a DC without him having a say over LB/DB/DL candidates. Yes, I think he is already identified and offered. And maybe that speculation is correct: he is on a team with bowls or more season coming.

Same deal with Charlton. He gets say on the OLine guy since we all know that is a crucial spot in our rebuild; and we are a development program, particularly in the OLine.

Reaction Score
Chesney for DC. LOL, I know that is a pipe dream however a current DC still involved in the FCS playoffs is a possibility.

Reaction Score
Aggressive turnovers are needed to get them off the field/ not get tired and to help the mediocre offense....

Reaction Score
The DC is in the middle of a season right now
we better have it lined up as a lock.. would be nice to recruit the players to a specific known coaching system... but he knows what hes doing..I am only a fan

Reaction Score
The DC is in the middle of a season right now
Alas, the possible DC-to-be's potentially busy preparing for NFL mid-season games, a FBS conference championship game, or FCS playoff preparation.

Reaction Score
Here's some ideas for DC. I looked up who the top 3 defenses were in FCS and the three teams are still active in the FCS playoffs. Here are their DCs and they would seem to be fits.

1) Corey Hetherman - DC James Madison. Was DC at Maine for 3 years. Been DC at James Madison for 3 years. Played quarterback for Fitchburg State in Massachusetts.

2) Scott James - DC Holy Cross. Was DC at University of New Haven. 4 year DC at Holy Cross.

3) Ola Adams - DC Villanova. Recruits Philly, Maryland, DC, and Virginia.

Defensive stats this year:

Total defense:

1) Holy Cross
2) James Madison
3) Villanova

Scoring defense:

8) Villanova
9) James Madison
15) Holy Cross

Reaction Score
Here's some ideas for DC. I looked up who the top 3 defenses were in FCS and the three teams are still active in the FCS playoffs. Here are their DCs and they would seem to be fits.

1) Corey Hetherman - DC James Madison. Was DC at Maine for 3 years. Been DC at James Madison for 3 years. Played quarterback for Fitchburg State in Massachusetts.

2) Scott James - DC Holy Cross. Was DC at University of New Haven. 4 year DC at Holy Cross.

3) Ola Adams - DC Villanova. Recruits Philly, Maryland, DC, and Virginia.

Defensive stats this year:

Total defense:

1) Holy Cross
2) James Madison
3) Villanova

Scoring defense:

8) Villanova
9) James Madison
15) Holy Cross
How’d it work out last time we brought in the DC from Nova

Reaction Score
I was hoping FBS coach with portal guys connections. Any Big Ten position coaches that may take the offer to be DC?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
True, but in hindsight Coker may have been Edsalled.
I think that might have been the case as well.

“We’ll start with your system- but after one series I am changing everything back to my way”

Reaction Score
I was hoping FBS coach with portal guys connections. Any Big Ten position coaches that may take the offer to be DC?
I think they are going to bring in a DC with experience as a DC. I don’t think they want on the job training.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Anthony Poindexter

"According to sources close to the UVA football program, Mendenhall offered Poindexter the Cavaliers’ defensive coordinator position on Wednesday, but Poindexter had not responded by the time Mendenhall announced his resignation Thursday afternoon."

I could get behind this though rumored to be in line for UVA job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom