DC Jump Shot | The Boneyard

DC Jump Shot

Reaction Score
I've said it on here before but it looked REAL nice in the open practice. It might be one of those things where they really push for him to show it next year... as he develops it more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've said it on here before but it looked REAL nice in the open practice. It might be one of those things where they really push for him to show it next year... as he develops it more.
Saving it for March!

IDK about March but he will start working some face up jumpers soon enough.

Baby steps for improvement and expanding his in game repertoire.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
milwaukee bucks basketball GIF

would rather see this right now

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Like to first see his FT percentage improve - alot.
It’s funny how he goes 1-2 almost every single trip to the line. I think he has 2 or 3 0-2’s, but almost every trip it’s 1 point.

I couldn’t care less if he ever shoots a jump shot. He can dominate in college just dunking, rebounding, and protecting the rim. When you grab 20% of all potential offensive boards, I want you under that hoop. No need to get cute when your per minute stats are what his are.

Reaction Score
I want to see what he's got, from the foul line out in a game we have salted away.
Me too, but in the short term I'm pretty content with a bunch of lob passes for dunks

Reaction Score
We don't need him shooting any jump shots. He doesn't even need to to keep the defense honest, because he can just be dishonest and bully them in the paint.

Guy just shot 10/10 from the field and the BY wants to change up his shot chart.

I expect when AS leaves after the season and DC starts next year we'll see him shooting j's/3s going forward, similar to AS but on an accelerated timeline.

Reaction Score
I hate seeing a 7-footer taking 3's when he can dominate near the basket and even get his own rebound if he misses a shot. He should stay near the rim at both ends of the floor, and learn to shoot foul shots.

Reaction Score
I hate seeing a 7-footer taking 3's when he can dominate near the basket and even get his own rebound if he misses a shot. He should stay near the rim at both ends of the floor, and learn to shoot foul shots.
When you are playing guys you can dominate I agree, however I am already picturing our game against Purdue and think that one key to the game with them is getting Edey out of the paint. If we are playing a lineup of Sanogo/karaban/calcatera/hawkins/newton for instance it will be a situation where sanogo will either have wide open 3s or Edey will have to the leave the paint unguarded alot of the benefits with shooting are how it effects the guys around you

Reaction Score
When you are playing guys you can dominate I agree, however I am already picturing our game against Purdue and think that one key to the game with them is getting Edey out of the paint. If we are playing a lineup of Sanogo/karaban/calcatera/hawkins/newton for instance it will be a situation where sanogo will either have wide open 3s or Edey will have to the leave the paint unguarded alot of the benefits with shooting are how it effects the guys around you

Preach.

If Clingan is ever taking six shots from deep per game, we have a problem with shot selection. But having the threat of the shot a couplefew times per game opens up the paint. The best centers in the NBA are still not taking A LOT of 3s by NBA standards.

Jokic 2.5 (32%)
Embiid 3.3 (32%)
KAT 5.6 (33%)
Valenciunas - 1.6 (35%)
Vucevic - 4.4 (37%)

The other top centers take anywhere from 0 per game like Gobert to an attempt every other game or so like Allen, Ayton, Bam, etc.

Being good for 2 attempts per game at a 30% clip or so would make Clingan NBA eligible in a millisecond. Bigs don't even need to shoot at that 35-40% clip like guards need to be. 30-33% on 1.5-2.0 attempts per game would open some eyes in NBA front offices. He really just needs enough to keep a defense honest and pull a rim protector from the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom