DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards

Reaction Score
Yes, i'm aware. What i'm saying is that it's silly to cap the medicals at top 10 or 15 when the top 15 is usually who you're trying to keep the medicals from.
And it discourages trade partners from being able to make informed decisions about a player above their draft position.
Say for instance that Steph was predicted to be drafted by Washington, but the Celtics wanted to trade their next 8 drafts to go up to get him. This arrangement gives Washington access to medicals, but not the Celtics. So maybe that trade doesn't get done as a result.

I know that's a longshot example, but it isn't really that far-fetched, especially given how prone some teams are to trading away bunches of picks when they identify someone they want.
The NBA loves the transaction cycle as much as any league. This discourages transactions, if even just a little bit.
The agents and players can always give the medicals to those teams if they want to go to that trade team. It's their leverage. Why would they give that up?

Reaction Score

Clingan to Charlotte , seems like this is his most likely landing spot :mad: Only good thing about this is my kid plays Field Hockey at Duke (I know, i tried to get her to go to UCONN) so ill be able to watch a bunch of his games

Reaction Score
The Grizzlies, Spurs, and Rockets also possibilities. I think the Grizz are most likely.

Reaction Score
The agents and players can always give the medicals to those teams if they want to go to that trade team. It's their leverage. Why would they give that up?
Yeah, I suppose you're right. It just seems backwards to me. I would much rather keep my medical away from Portland, Detroit, and Washington, rather than Boston, Denver, and Miami, which is what this current system is doing.
But I see what you're saying. It just seems like the league is acting against its own interests, like it always seems to.

Reaction Score

Clingan to Charlotte , seems like this is his most likely landing spot :mad: Only good thing about this is my kid plays Field Hockey at Duke (I know, i tried to get her to go to UCONN) so ill be able to watch a bunch of his games

Reaction Score
The fit is almost more important than how high he goes, at least to a certain point. I really think OKC and San Antonio would be great landing spots.
OKC needs a big more than Spurs, but he would pair well with Wemby or Chet. I've been a Pistons fan my whole life. Would be an upgrade to Duren who plays lousy D.

Reaction Score

What is this infatuation with Reed Sheepard? He is 6-3 and basically just a shooter. Not a great jump out of the gym athlete. He looked awful in that Oakland game. This seems like a player due to lack of size and ltop athletic ability you could get at the end of the 1st round and definitely not top5.

Reaction Score
What is this infatuation with Reed Sheepard? He is 6-3 and basically just a shooter. Not a great jump out of the gym athlete. He looked awful in that Oakland game. This seems like a player due to lack of size and ltop athletic ability you could get at the end of the 1st round and definitely not top5.
What was the infatuation with Steph Curry?

Reaction Score
He’s just joking that the posters kid went to Duke.
Sorry. I am not quick enough to figure it out.

In my other life, I was involved in a case where a child wanted to get emancipated from her father. And in another one, where the parents filed a petition to declare their child unfit and worthy of being in a state facility.

So, I saw this and ...............

Clever post though. :cool:

Reaction Score
His advanced stats are through the roof and he had one of the best shooting seasons in college basketball history, which is ridiculous for a freshman. When he was more active in the offense, he put up numbers, as well.

Kentucky had 4 guards and none of them ever really got comfortable in their roles, especially since Cal seemingly was forced (by his own hand/promises) to start the worse 2 of the 4.

Reaction Score
What was the infatuation with Steph Curry?
You aren't trying to really compare Steph Curry to Reed? LOL! Curry was a lot better and successful player in college. Sometimes what these kids do in the Tournament isn't a good precursor but in Steph's case it was a perfect indicator on how great who could be.

Reaction Score
His advanced stats are through the roof and he had one of the best shooting seasons in college basketball history, which is ridiculous for a freshman. When he was more active in the offense, he put up numbers, as well.

Kentucky had 4 guards and none of them ever really got comfortable in their roles, especially since Cal seemingly was forced (by his own hand/promises) to start the worse 2 of the 4.
Advanced stats for a guy who is a 6'3" shooter who isn't that athletic. He doesn't even have a great handle. I just see this as a stretch.

Reaction Score
This seems to be your go to.
What? I just said he isn't Steph Curry coming out of college. Just answering what someone else compared him to. I never mentioned Steph Curry comparison in my other message.

Reaction Score
Advanced stats for a guy who is a 6'3" shooter who isn't that athletic. He doesn't even have a great handle. I just see this as a stretch.
He's more athletic than you think (he's bouncy, he's just not physically tall or long). He blocked 7 3s this year, which I doubt any UConn player has ever done in one season. He also had a ridiculously high steal rate (led all freshmen and led SEC in conference play).

Reaction Score
He's more athletic than you think (he's bouncy, he's just not physically tall or long). He blocked 7 3s this year, which I doubt any UConn player has ever done in one season. He also had a ridiculously high steal rate (led all freshmen and led SEC in conference play).

He isn't a great athlete. Blocking is also defensive skills. Still he is 6'3" without Allen Iverson hops. I have seen his games and he just floats on offense and doesn't really stand out. Sorry I think he is a reach and that is my opinion.

Reaction Score
What? I just said he isn't Steph Curry coming out of college. Just answering what someone else compared him to. I never mentioned Steph Curry comparison in my other message.
The point is that's what scouts see. An unbelievable shooter who will round more into a floor general. It's not about whether he'll be as good as an all-time legend, it's about how his skills translate to the next level.

His stats are better across the board against better competition than Curry's were as a freshmen but on significantly lower minutes/volume.

I don't understand why you keep harping on his athleticism but you did the same exact thing with McNeeley. Reed is a far better jump out of the gym athlete than Curry is.

Reaction Score
I joked with my wife last night about a Masonry opening @ a local high school that was posted - and said she'd be a great fit considering her high school shooting statistics.

Shockingly, she didn't find it as funny as I did.
I feel weird replying to my own post, but I wanted to add that my wife did have a much more successful high school basketball career than me.

I may have scored maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more points than her, however I did not go undefeated and win a state championship (she was Carla Berube's neighbor).

Reaction Score
He isn't a great athlete. Blocking is also defensive skills. Still he is 6'3" without Allen Iverson hops. I have seen his games and he just floats on offense and doesn't really stand out. Sorry I think he is a reach and that is my opinion.
He is a great athlete, his dad was a ridiculous athlete. He won't be one of the best athletes in the NBA, but he's a great athlete.

Reaction Score
He is a great athlete, his dad was a ridiculous athlete. He won't be one of the best athletes in the NBA, but he's a great athlete.
Ok maybe I just don't see it and it doesn't really translate well for his game and being a lottery pick. Again just my opinion. At least smaller guards like Brunson who was a second round pick, Allen Iverson, Derek Rose and Steph all proved their game in college.

Reaction Score
The point is that's what scouts see. An unbelievable shooter who will round more into a floor general. It's not about whether he'll be as good as an all-time legend, it's about how his skills translate to the next level.

His stats are better across the board against better competition than Curry's were as a freshmen but on significantly lower minutes/volume.

I don't understand why you keep harping on his athleticism but you did the same exact thing with McNeeley. Reed is a far better jump out of the gym athlete than Curry is.
Curry just had the It factor even coming out of College you could see that. Reed is 6'7" so he has a lot better chance of doign well and has other proven skills that translate well in the next level. Reed is just a smallish guard i'm not sold on and did nothing in college to distinguish himself. His teammate Rob Dillingham impressed me a lot more with his all around guard skills than Reed. I see Reed ending up smaller Christian Bruan(Yes Braun is a good athlete but because he can't create his own offense it doesn't matter). I didn't see anything in Reed's game that shows me he can create his own shot at the next level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom