DC-Back To Basics For Kicker Bobby Puyol | The Boneyard

DC-Back To Basics For Kicker Bobby Puyol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0924-20150923-story.html

The Huskies had some uncharacteristic dropped passes (think of how far the program has come to be able to say that) at Missouri, by Noel Thomas, Thomas Lucas, Tommy Myers and Alex Bloom.

Big-time players make big plays when needed.

"I wouldn't say there were some uncharacteristic drops," quarterback Bryant Shirreffs said. "I'd say there were some bad balls. I don't look at other people making mistakes. I look at what I can do, and there were some places where we could improve on, like communication, and I put a lot of that pressure on [myself]. I need to make sure that we're in watching film and we don't make those kind of mistakes."

Love to see Bryant own this, even though it's not all his fault. Holding oneself accountable is something this coaching regime does that the previous did not, and it has spread from the top down.

Navy QB Keenan Reynolds on UConn: "They're a big defense ... and a very physical team. They were very physical against Army. They had a great plan and they executed it well. You know, we're in for a tough time. "They line up and they say, 'Out-execute us.' "

It's great to hear our opponents now paying respect, rather than just the other way around. It's going to be a hard-fought game this weekend... and hopefully a win for the Huskies!

Reaction Score
I thought for some reason that Bobby Puyol was a solid rated recruit coming out of HS but it turns out not so much -- 2 star K with only other offer from Middle Tennessee State.

Tarbutt looks like he didn't have any other offers, either.

Then again, college kickers aren't the best -- I've read a ton of threads from Alabama fans who are absolutely sick of their terrible kicker, and if they can't get a decent kicker, then who knows.

Reaction Score
I thought for some reason that Bobby Puyol was a solid rated recruit coming out of HS but it turns out not so much -- 2 star K with only other offer from Middle Tennessee State.

Tarbutt looks like he didn't have any other offers, either.

Then again, college kickers aren't the best -- I've read a ton of threads from Alabama fans who are absolutely sick of their terrible kicker, and if they can't get a decent kicker, then who knows.
I think evaluating kickers in high school can be a bit of a crapshoot because it's such a mentally tough position and, in most cases, high school kids don't have to deal with the pressure of kicking in front of thousands of people watching in the stands and even more watching at home. I don't care how powerful your leg is or how accurate you were in high school, college kicking is a whole different ballgame based on what is going on between the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom