DBs need to turn their heads around. | The Boneyard

DBs need to turn their heads around.

Reaction Score
This really needs to be adressed by the staff. It caused us problems in critical situations. And it is impossible to produce turnovers if you cannot see the ball. Very disappointed to see this technique return. If this is NOT fixed it will be trouble all year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This really needs to be adressed by the staff. It caused us problems in critical situations. And it is impossible to produce turnovers if you cannot see the ball. Very disappointed to see this technique return. If this is NOT fixed it will be trouble all year.
Last year it was great to see dB's finally turn around. Stinks to see the Edsall style return.

Reaction Score
You're much more likely to get pass interference calls if the db doesn't turn his head. The interference call on the long pass was questionable probably a non-call, the one in the end zone was more obvious. In both cases the defender didn't turn his head.

Reaction Score
To be fair, one of the PI calls was on a linebacker not a DB. Just don’t want everyone piling on the DBs and Coach Hilliard when it could easily be an isolated incident with Bin-Wahad who transferred in and maybe hasn’t absorbed all of Hilliard’s good habits yet.

Reaction Score
To be fair, one of the PI calls was on a linebacker not a DB. Just don’t want everyone piling on the DBs and Coach Hilliard when it could easily be an isolated incident with Bin-Wahad who transferred in and maybe hasn’t absorbed all of Hilliard’s good habits yet.
Yep, the end zone PI was on a LB. However, our DBs played trail technique, watching the receivers hands and NOT looking back for the ball. QBs are taught that when DBs have their backs to the QB the receiver is open. We need our DBs to create TOs and that is impossible if you can't see the ball.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Was my first comment in the chat before the game started.

Reaction Score
That has never been allowed at UConn. Players that do that ride the pine. ;)

Reaction Score
I would think playing man like NCS did would make it very hard for the DB's to "see" the ball while UConn playing zone it would be easier. Does UConn shy from man defense because of that and are the plays where DB's (and others) don't turn for the ball mostly when playing man?

Reaction Score
PI, at bottom, is a judgment call. I saw some DB's in the FL St /LSU and even Duke/Clem games not turn their heads and get no call. A hand check can be a legit move or a PI. If I showed any ref the video of twenty actual plays and asked if it was a PI--then ran the rest of the video to see the actual call, how many of the twenty would match the call on the field? Half?

Reaction Score
I don't get it. DBs even do it in the NFL. I was taught to turn around when the receiver looks back. IT IS A FREE BALL AT THAT POINT, AND IF YOU RUN INTO THE RECEIVER, IT IS INCIDENTAL CONTACT. Nothing good can come from chasing the receiver while looking at him. It's either a catch or PI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom