Dawn's Post Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Dawn's Post Game Press Conference

Reaction Score
Certainly some parallels between Wilson's frustration with the repetitive UCONN questions and her play tonight...

Reaction Score
Extremely impressive. Aja presents herself very well. She articulates her point much like a UCONN player. Her presence during the interview is similar to her court play: Stellar.

I'm sure if you were to ask her, Aja would say she was glad she stayed home in South Carolina but I think she is only 70% of the player she could have been if she chose UConn.......you can see the huge improvement in the UConn starters since their freshman years and even though she is a work in progress, Azura can testify to what the UConn coaching staff can do to develop basketball players.......

Reaction Score
I'm sure if you were to ask her, Aja would say she was glad she stayed home in South Carolina but I think she is only 70% of the player she could have been if she chose UConn..you can see the huge improvement in the UConn starters since their freshman years and even though she is a work in progress, Azura can testify to what the UConn coaching staff can do to develop basketball players..
You might get some pushback on this but I agree 100%. She is not nearly the multi-dimensional player she would have been.

Reaction Score
I say she is only 77.35% as good as she would be if she had gone to Uconn,but then 96.255 % of all statistics are made up on the spot.:)

How about if we dispense with the percentages...........do you think she would be a more complete player had she attended UConn?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think South Carolina has the same level of talent this year as in the past. That could make someone perceive that a player isn't as good. One player can't do it all. Luckily Uconn doesn't have that problem.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To me A'ja is where she needed to be. The Huskies would never allow the short shorts thing and that was important to A'ja. More to the point, I say Thank God she went to Carolina, because she needs to be a team's Reggie Jackson or it doesn't work for her. And, in case you missed it, A'ja did the "My Bad" thing entirely too easily in the presser. She was about as upset as if she'd split a nail. She's checked off all her boxes in WCBB and she's mentally all but out the door.

Reaction Score
I don't think South Carolina has the same level of talent this year as in the past. That could make someone perceive that a player isn't as good. One player can't do it all. Luckily Uconn doesn't have that problem.

I actually think Wilson is having her best season yet she has never become the polished article she should have been............while it's possible I may be overestimating her talents or her interest in self improvement, I think Aja missed out on the kind of coaching needed to reach an even loftier level

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure if you were to ask her, Aja would say she was glad she stayed home in South Carolina but I think she is only 70% of the player she could have been if she chose UConn..you can see the huge improvement in the UConn starters since their freshman years and even though she is a work in progress, Azura can testify to what the UConn coaching staff can do to develop basketball players..
I don't disagree that A'ja would have developed her game more at UConn, and she would probably be working on her 4th straight national championship with the Huskies winning streak at 200+ by now. But she has one national championship and will likely be the 1st pick in the WNBA draft with a solid pro career and a good chance to make several Olympic teams, considering who the coach is. I would also point out that her parents have had the opportunity to watch every one of her home games, give their little girl a hug after the game and still be home in time to watch the highlights on the evening news. As much as I would have loved to see Wilson in a Husky uniform, I can't argue with her decision to stay at home and play for SC.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that A'ja would have developed her game more at UConn, and she would probably be working on her 4th straight national championship with the Huskies winning streak at 200+ by now. But she has one national championship and will likely be the 1st pick in the WNBA draft with a solid pro career and a good chance to make several Olympic teams, considering who the coach is. I would also point out that her parents have had the opportunity to watch every one of her home games, give their little girl a hug after the game and still be home in time to watch the highlights on the evening news. As much as I would have loved to see Wilson in a Husky uniform, I can't argue with her decision to stay at home and play for SC.

That's certainly one way to look at it..............It's a good thing that not every recruit feels that way, otherwise UConn would be languishing near the bottom of the AAC, never mind the NCAA's.............

Reaction Score
Yo, Charlie,i wholeheartedly agree with your assessment on A'ja and if she had gone to Uconn she would not only be a better player,but she would most definitely have four nat'l champ. rings,not that i am biased in any way.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Huskies would never allow the short shorts thing and that was important to A'ja.

UConn wouldn't allow traditional (pre-Jordan) basketball shorts? Why not? This is an honest question. For me it's always a breath of fresh air seeing "real" basketball shorts. As well as "real" baseball pants, you know, the ones that you can actually see the Red Sox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom