Dawn Staley | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley

Reaction Score
I recall Dawn Staley back in the day @ summer camp, it was either B/C or the Cathy Rush girls basketball camp. She received special treatment re: her reputation in hs.. She was allowed to pick the girls herself..to scrimmage with. She had the rep of being special even then. Yes, she was a great point, but she appears go have retained her 'above it' attitude as a head coach. The 2 post game interviews have shown it clearly. I don't recall Geno blaming a loss on a ball. As a father, the choice is clear....I would want him & staff making the basketball decisions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I recall Dawn Staley back in the day @ summer camp, it was either B/C or the Cathy Rush girls basketball camp. She received special treatment re: her reputation in hs.. She was allowed to pick the girls herself..to scrimmage with. She had the rep of being special even then. Yes, she was a great point, but she appears go have retained her 'above it' attitude as a head coach. The 2 post game interviews have shown it clearly. I don't recall Geno blaming a loss on a ball. As a father, the choice is clear....I would want him & staff making the basketball decisions.
Lol! Isn't that the way Cathy Rush's girls basketball camp have always worked though, where you get to pick your own squad? If you win you get to keep playing and if you lose you get to sit & regroup. The coaches usually rotate to coach different teams and then awards are handed out at the end of camp. As far as "special treatment" yea there that too-the name of the Camp is "Future Stars" after all.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Really, can we stop bashing Dawn Staley.
  • Exceptional player in her day, check!
  • Has won a NCAA national championship as Coach, check!
  • Has described UCONN as a pretty good team, check!
Geno is her roadmap to building a powerhouse in SC

Le meas

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And how about putting the thread on the General sub forum? Unless it is specifically about the UConn game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom