Davis continues to impress for Giants | The Boneyard

Davis continues to impress for Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This is great to hear, but it once again raises the question of why Geremy spent so many downs on the sideline last year!?

Oh well, I hope he continues to perform well at the NFL level and can't wait for UCONN to get back on the field this year!

Reaction Score
Going to be very hard to justify him not making the team. He is a wide receiver who catches everything. Quarterbacks like receivers who catch everything. I guess there are like four guys going after two wr positions though. If he gets practice squad he can get grabbed by another team. Will be interesting in the coming weeks

Reaction Score
Going to be very hard to justify him not making the team. He is a wide receiver who catches everything. Quarterbacks like receivers who catch everything. I guess there are like four guys going after two wr positions though. If he gets practice squad he can get grabbed by another team. Will be interesting in the coming weeks
His work at WR is cementing his roster spot...his work on special teams is where he is gonna earn his roster spot.

Reaction Score
This is great to hear, but it once again raises the question of why Geremy spent so many downs on the sideline last year!?

Oh well, I hope he continues to perform well at the NFL level and can't wait for UCONN to get back on the field this year!
I believe it was because the head coach was tearing things down here. The kids that played in his stead are playing this year and the next...He showed enough to get himself noticed, invited to the combine and drafted. Hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Duncan Idaho said:
I believe it was because the head coach was tearing things down here. The kids that played in his stead are playing this year and the next...He showed enough to get himself noticed, invited to the combine and drafted. Hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

This. Still no excuse for keeping him on the sideline on 3rd and long. There are 3 WR on the field.

Kid had the best hands of any Uconn player in history.

Reaction Score
The Giants are loaded at WR. GD still needs to work his butt off on special teams if he wants to stay in Coughlin's good graces. That said, I believe he will be on the Giants 53 man roster.

If Diaco had played Geremy on third down, there would have been many more series to play the other wide receivers and see what he had.

Reaction Score
5 Players to watch against the Bengals

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...-Bengals/27572b21-160d-4e05-9e76-750cd7cd2952

"Wide receiver Geremy Davis, the Giants’ sixth-round pick from the University of Connecticut, carried over the momentum he built in East Rutherford to Cincinnati this week. Seeing reps with the ones, Davis is proving he is more than a special teamer and has shown his receiving ability on numerous occasions, including making a tough touchdown catch over cornerback Adam Jones in Wednesday’s scrimmage with the Bengals."

Video of catch embedded in blog post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate